10x Binoculars

Painless

Thoughts on the Maven 10x42's that I just received. First thought is that they are extremely well built, they are heavier than what I am used too. Glass is sharp and bright, I have been using a set of Ziess Classic 10x40's for years and I truly love them and will continue to use them but the Mavens are brighter and slightly clearer than the Ziess. I have also played with Leica, Swaro, Meopta, Zen Ray, Minox and many more that I can't remember and I have always come back to my Ziess. The Mavens are very good for the price I paid for them and I will definitely use them but I don't think they are going to replace my classics just yet. One thing I hate about them is the twist up eyecups. I truly hate that feature on binos........

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
Painless":cur4nn1h said:
Thoughts on the Maven 10x42's that I just received. First thought is that they are extremely well built, they are heavier than what I am used too. Glass is sharp and bright, I have been using a set of Ziess Classic 10x40's for years and I truly love them and will continue to use them but the Mavens are brighter and slightly clearer than the Ziess. I have also played with Leica, Swaro, Meopta, Zen Ray, Minox and many more that I can't remember and I have always come back to my Ziess. The Mavens are very good for the price I paid for them and I will definitely use them but I don't think they are going to replace my classics just yet. One thing I hate about them is the twist up eyecups. I truly hate that feature on binos........
Have you used the Swaro SLC's? If so, how do they compare to it?

Most reviews I've read on Maven have been exactly like yours, great glass for the price. I may try some B1's for my father to see how he likes them.

I had considered buying some Maven B3's for myself but the eye relief is just too short for me personally - hence the reason I bought some Conquest HD's to go with my SLC's.

Painless

Yes I have hunted with SLC's, superb glass, moderate weight didn't give me eye fatigue after looking through them for hours. I could have spotted everything I saw with the SLC's with either pair of the above binos and saved over 2/3 of the money. Swaro has no equal when it comes to eeking out every bit of available light but at a much higher cost that I am not willing to pay. I don't think that getting that extra 5% light transmission is worth another 500 to 1000 dollars for the hunting that I do, I would much rather spend that money on another hunting trip.

Bad habit

I have the 10 by 30 and 10 by 40 Swaros. They are both great bit I like the 10 by 30 better because of size and weight. They will go into the pocket of my hinting jacket. I wouldn't take anything for either one. When someone goes hunting with me I give them the 10 by 30's.

Latest posts