100 yard Squirrel Sniper Challenge

mr.big

on rimfirecentral dot com..I put a 3.5-10x40 Leupold on the 452 Ultra Lux ,missed a 10 by 1/4 inch on the 7th shot on the first target and would have been good with a 9,as the challenge only calls for an 8 to qualify,but I couldnt take it and was gonna shoot a whole box of shells if I had to to get a 10 for 10,,

Lesa scored the low shot with a magnified scoring plug and she said it was on the line,,

CZ 452 Ultra Lux in Klinsky stock,shooting Wolf MT ammo

eric652.jpg

Squirrel Sniper challenge target,,8 of 10 qualifies you as a Squirrel Sniper according to the challenge rules,,

eric654.jpg

then I had to put my BRNO sights back on and confirm zero with them,,it felt really weird shooting that rifle with a scope,,

target at 100 yards with the sights

eric655.jpg

mr.big

pressfit said:
Do you see your front sight when looking through the scope? nice shooting!!

yes,but it does not effect anything,,I would kinda like a 6-24 Weaver V24 just to have to change things up every now and then,,but this rifle is meant to shoot the olympic style BRNO sights,,

DaveB

Mr B-
You like that Wolf MT ammo? What is second choice?

I have a Browning A-bolt in 22 rim and it shoots fairly well but kind of picky about which ammo I feed it. Gonna introduce my Kids to that squirrel at 100 and see what they do.

mr.big

it is the best 5$ a box ammo I have found,,I would prefer Lapua Midas or RWS 50 but I cant stand what it cost,,I usually get 100 rounds of the crazy high stuff for special occasions,but most of my informal practice type shooting is done with Wolf M/T..

DaveB

Okay Mr. B, no challenge yet, not at 100. I'll blame the wind for now......I have an idea this is gonna cost me some bucks.

And you are right, 17 bucks for a box of 50 rimfire 22's is outrageous. Actually, the MT's at nearly 6 bucks are kind of high.

Here's the Browning. Gonna dump that scope pretty quick
SAM_0136.jpg

DaveB

Okay, had it all planed, a day at MSSA, wherein many many squirrel tagets would die from fatal head shots. 15 to 30 MPH wind tried to put the kibosh on our fun but we persevered. At 50. Very tight at 50. The wind was pushing the round about 6 inches at 100. Actualy, some went a lot more than that. We did have a casualty-the spotting scope was blown over by the wind and now has a merry tinkle inside when turn it over. Kind of a bummer.

So, our squirrel friends will get to live another day. I'm out of town for awhile, battle to be continued.....

DaveB

I'm shooting Remington Vipers. Seeems like I get a lot of flyers so I was at a gunshow looking for some Wolf MT ammo, no luck, ordering some from Graf's so it'll be there when I get off the road. This is fun and challenging, too. As you said, it ain't as aeasy as you think.

DaveB

Well, my 4 inch group at 100 yards is not so good, your squirrel is still safe. I blame it on the wind, lol. Seriously, I not giving up. i have a better scope to mount and we will try again.

Actually, I did notice the trigger was not so crisp when I was really beaing down trying to kill that squirrel. Even though its an A-Bolt I don't know if the trigger is adjustable, will find out and proceed from there.

Latest posts