1,000 acre lake

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Interesting

1CD381C9-8B30-4616-810D-98C31D740FB7.png

TNReb

I was just talking to a buddy of mine with TWRA about this less than 5 minutes ago. Funny timing.

He said they are taking it over July 1. Probably hiring a full time manager closer to September or something.

cbhunter

Where will revenue come from without user fees?

I understand not charging sportsmans license holders like most other TWRA lakes

From what I understand, over half of the people that has used it for years didn't pay their fees but at least some did

TNReb

From what I understand, over half of the people that has used it for years didn't pay their fees but at least some did

From what I heard, there will likely be day use fees at a later date.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I'm guessing maybe the same lake permit as the rest of the family fishing lakes. $6 a day, $50 a year(or whatever it is now).

WTM

i imagine since the state owns it funding will come out of the state budget. tdot said they werent going to fix any more roads anyway so might as well toss the money in the lake.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Never been there, is it a good lake to fish?
It is.
It used to be alot better than it is now though.
Too many people with zero regards to the rules and ZERO law enforcement killed it.
To make it worse, I didn't know it till after the fact but the management of the lake posted on facebook that due to it being a "watershed authority" the twra could not enforce the rules there.

I didn't know there was any body of water or land they couldn't enforce rules / laws on?
Anyway there ya go.

74MOPAR

It is.
It used to be alot better than it is now though.
Too many people with zero regards to the rules and ZERO law enforcement killed it.
To make it worse, I didn't know it till after the fact but the management of the lake posted on facebook that due to it being a "watershed authority" the twra could not enforce the rules there.

I didn't know there was any body of water or land they couldn't enforce rules / laws on?
Anyway there ya go.
Just checked when I got home, looks like 2.5 hours from me . Probably won't be making that trip unless you want to guide 😂

Latest posts