Your Biggest Tennessee Buck ?

Os2 Outdoors

5911df64e4fc927a4b00b169a54f8d87.jpg
185 4/5 My biggest TN buck.

Got 8 or so around that 125-140 neighborhood. All BOW

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

My buck was killed about thirty minutes from Chattanooga on what was, at the time, public land.

He is in the Registry Officially scored by Ben Layton of TWRA.

It was a bowhunting only area.
I actually shot it twice from the stand. Once at 16 yards, again at 44.

String Music

Biggest on camera. He was 5.5. I have sheds and pictures of him since he was 2.5. He was poached off of us shortly after these pictures were taken.

Attachments

• b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3,644
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,641

backyardtndeer

String Music":3t9remhr said:
Biggest on camera. He was 5.5. I have sheds and pictures of him since he was 2.5. He was poached off of us shortly after these pictures were taken.

Oh wow. That is about the worst that could happen with such an awesome deer. Gotta be incredibly frustrating and angering to have some scumbag poach a deer you have history with, one of that caliber no less. Hope the poacher was caught and prosecuted, penalties in this state are not nearly heavy enough imho.

Have had a few here we suspected were poached off the property next to us before we got sole written permission. Caught a couple guys over there before I had the right to prosecute and the neighbor would not prosecute them.

backyardtndeer

Andy S.":1a7851cx said:
backyardtndeer":1a7851cx said:
....before I had the right to prosecute....
How did you go about getting that right? Owner of the land now? Power of Attorney legal document from the owner?

A statement of sole written permission signed by the landowner was what our warden told me he needed for him to be able to go after anyone poaching on that property. He said that the landowner does not even have to be involved that way.

Andy S.

backyardtndeer":1wul1b65 said:
A statement of sole written permission signed by the landowner was what our warden told me he needed for him to be able to go after anyone poaching on that property. He said that the landowner does not even have to be involved that way.
I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain this does not align with the guidance scn provided us is years past. I was always under the impression it had to be the current landowner or his designee (power of attorney type document transferring authority to said person) that could prosecute, not just a lessee/tenant of the property. Just food for thought.

backyardtndeer

That was what I was told by our twra warden, don't know why the man would tell me that if it were not the case. He told me we needed sole written permission before anything further could be done with prosecuting. He has been the warden of this county for about 15 years, I would hope he knew what he was talking about. Maybe I misunderstood and it is a case that the warden could prosecute that way, I don't know, but I do know he said with us having sole written permission that he could prosecute.

This was an over the phone conversation and probably about 7 years ago but to the best of my recollection the way he explained it, the person hunting where they do not have permission is already technically in violation by not having written permission from that landowner on them, BUT without the landowners consent to prosecute that is very difficult to prosecute and he would have a tough time taking a case like that before a judge. He said that sole written permission changes things and makes it much easier for him to prosecute violators. I never asked about legalities and anything further as I am not and do not pretend to be an attorney. Basically he said get written permission and it had to be "sole" permission and I said ok and later got it.

backyardtndeer

Poser":1qgb52ix said:
Yeah, I think Andy is correct. Trespassing would also most likely be handled by the police rather than TWRA.

Local police have no jurisdiction, however I have had some discussion with the sheriffs dept and the sheriff. We had people getting over on my elderly neighbors property and shooting during rifle season. His woods are not real deep and our house sits the other side of the woods so that was a concern about people slipping in on him. Sheriff's dept on hunting situations referred me back to twra. I caught 2 different people on my neighbor before we got him to give permission, both had shot deer I had previously passed up. The second one I caught was less than 70 yards in line of sight from a stand I had that I happened to not be hunting that morning, could have been a dangerous situation.

This is probably one of the best bucks we have gotten tc pics of, from 2011. Not a monster compared to what some are seeing but a real nice deer here. Heard a couple different stories about who killed the deer, but none confirmed.

Land Between the Lakes

Os2 Outdoors":3ilz0l1g said:
5911df64e4fc927a4b00b169a54f8d87.jpg
185 4/5 My biggest TN buck.

Got 8 or so around that 125-140 neighborhood. All BOW

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

That is a giant Buck of a lifetime for any state.

You have done much better than most people in the Midwest that I know. What part of TN are you hunting ? Public or Private land ?

Ahuntin1

Here are few of my best deer. The top one was actually killed half a mile south of the state line in Mississippi, but I am sure he roamed in TN at some point in his life.
The last pic is from PI
photo1.jpg

image4.jpeg

2011%202.jpg

2009PI18.jpg