Sad sight.

Iglow

Came across this sad situation this morning, Sibby ran down there and started barking at her and she starts that guttural bawling . I got the dog away and put up, and thought do I shoot her cause I ain't gonna let the damned coyotes get her or can I maybe get her out cause her leg didn't look broke. Well, I go get some cutters to cut the wire and when I come back she really goes nuts. I'm trying to stay outta sight till I can cross the fence but she gets loose somehow and goes and jumps the fence again with her good leg. She makes it over the fence and starts down the field, her leg don't look broke but it looks like she's got a dislocated hip, just pitiful. I thought again about trying to shoot her but figured she'd never let me get close enough. They can survive some crazy stuff, maybe she makes it. I can see a deer getting by without a front leg but not a back.

Attachments

• IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    646.3 KB · Views: 18

GRIT

They can make it with just one back leg i have seen several over the past 40 years of hunting with part of their back leg gone. I'm sure the coyotes have a good chance of getting them too.

Snake

They can make it with just one back leg i have seen several over the past 40 years of hunting with part of their back leg gone. I'm sure the coyotes have a good chance of getting them too.
They are amazing animals , yeah I've heard of them surviving with one back leg . When they run can't tell much different but walking you can .

Latest posts