Note to self......Tin drives different from Glass.

HenryCohunter

My Allison XB 2002 had a flashed 225 pro max running a Brucato reed cage under the efi block. With one battery about 10 gallons of gas and just me it would run 98. I could run 88-90 tournament loaded. I loved that boat but life got in the way and I sold it. And with prices like they are I'll never own another probably. But I sure did love going that fast. I spent a week with a true Allison race legend Ray Neudecker learning how to truly drive it. His drag Allison with a serious modded Yammy would run 118.

mike243

Reckon with the big weight on the back you may have to trim the nose down to make a fast turn? sounds like it's up on the pad and not much bite on the front, hate going fast in a boat, I'm more of the older pontoon speed age lol

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I don't know how some of you walk.

Give me a motorcycle and I will be right there with you, but on the water, nope.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Apparently with their cajones swinging. 70 MPH was about 20 MPH faster than I cared to go in a bass boat on Pickwick.
My buddy Stretch got a new to him Stratos a few years ago.
He took me out on it on KY lake.
He can drive a boat and I trust him 100%.
After we hit about 70 or so I was thinking, if you will just get me CLOSE to the bank I will just get out.
Dunno why but speed on water scares the bejesus out of me.

Spurhunter

My Allison XB 2002 had a flashed 225 pro max running a Brucato reed cage under the efi block. With one battery about 10 gallons of gas and just me it would run 98. I could run 88-90 tournament loaded. I loved that boat but life got in the way and I sold it. And with prices like they are I'll never own another probably. But I sure did love going that fast. I spent a week with a true Allison race legend Ray Neudecker learning how to truly drive it. His drag Allison with a serious modded Yammy would run 118.
I've been told, but never verified, that Allisons were pretty much racing boat hulls that they put decks and a trolling motor on to make a bass boat. I'm sure you know the back story and if that is true.

Spurhunter

Reckon with the big weight on the back you may have to trim the nose down to make a fast turn? sounds like it's up on the pad and not much bite on the front
With my X19 trimmed down it will bite so hard it wants to throw you out, but it turns well trimmed up. But again, old X19 hull vs. new X19 hull and 175 vs. 200.

BigCityBubba

I have not been in a boat doing more than about 65mph but that was more than fast enough for a tin boat. The most scared I have been was when I put a 115 on the back of a 15ft procraft rated for an 80. It was not super fast but was faster than it should have gone. I went out on the cumberland early one morning when it was glass and got it going wide open and I hit a small ripple on the water and the steering wheel became loose and I realized at that moment I did not have control of the boat. All I could do was slowly pull back on the throttle until I gained control. My buddy who was in the boat with me had no idea that I almost soiled myself.

Kirk

I have not been in a boat doing more than about 65mph but that was more than fast enough for a tin boat. The most scared I have been was when I put a 115 on the back of a 15ft procraft rated for an 80. It was not super fast but was faster than it should have gone. I went out on the cumberland early one morning when it was glass and got it going wide open and I hit a small ripple on the water and the steering wheel became loose and I realized at that moment I did not have control of the boat. All I could do was slowly pull back on the throttle until I gained control. My buddy who was in the boat with me had no idea that I almost soiled myself.
That would be scary.