HUNTR podcast- Big Ohio buck with A TN connection

Antler Daddy

It's all going to boil down to the evidence they found and where. I'm guessing the cell phones of the accused will come into play. Is there enough evidence to convince a jury he is guilty?
But the million dollar question, if the DA hadn't been hunting for the same deer, would this case have ever been investigated?
And should he have recused himself?

double browtine

I believe there would have never been an investigation if the DA hadn't been a hunter and known about the big buck. But I guess we will have to see what happens. According to the first podcast I watched, the DNR came out and looked at the kill site and everything and never really even questioned anything. It wasn't until the DA got involved in it all that the investigation started.

East TN Bowhunter

I believe there would have never been an investigation if the DA hadn't been a hunter and known about the big buck. But I guess we will have to see what happens. According to the first podcast I watched, the DNR came out and looked at the kill site and everything and never really even questioned anything. It wasn't until the DA got involved in it all that the investigation started.
This is exactly what I find wrong about the whole situation...

bowhunterfanatic

2 wrongs don't make a right though. In this case I'm glad the DA was a hunter so that the kid will receive the punishment he deserves.

30-06 type of guy

It's all going to boil down to the evidence they found and where. I'm guessing the cell phones of the accused will come into play. Is there enough evidence to convince a jury he is guilty?
But the million dollar question, if the DA hadn't been hunting for the same deer, would this case have ever been investigated?
If I remember correctly Cj said the DA claimed to have found his knife on the property.

Rackseeker

Christopher Alexander, 28, of Wilmington, faces 23 total charges:

• Five counts each of illegally hunting deer without written permission (M3) and taking possession of a deer in violation of a division rule (M3)
  • Three counts of theft by deception (F4 and F5).
  • Two counts each of hunting without a license (M4), hunting deer without a valid deer permit (M4) and tampering with evidence (F3)
  • One count each of jacklighting (M3), theft (M1), falsification (M1) and sale of wildlife parts (M4)
Corey Haunert, 29, of Hillsboro, faces eight charges:
  • Four counts of aiding a wildlife offender (M3)
  • Two counts of hunting without written permission (M3)
  • One count each of tampering with evidence (F3) and falsification (M1)
Kristina Alexander, 37, of Blanchester, faces one count of falsification (M1) and one count of aiding a wildlife offender (M3), and Zachary Haunert, 31, of Lebanon, faces two misdemeanor counts of aiding a wildlife offender (M3).

You can read the indictment here.

Last edited:

double browtine

Christopher Alexander, 28, of Wilmington, faces 23 total charges:

• Five counts each of illegally hunting deer without written permission (M3) and taking possession of a deer in violation of a division rule (M3)
  • Three counts of theft by deception (F4 and F5).
  • Two counts each of hunting without a license (M4), hunting deer without a valid deer permit (M4) and tampering with evidence (F3)
  • One count each of jacklighting (M3), theft (M1), falsification (M1) and sale of wildlife parts (M4)
Corey Haunert, 29, of Hillsboro, faces eight charges:
  • Four counts of aiding a wildlife offender (M3)
  • Two counts of hunting without written permission (M3)
  • One count each of tampering with evidence (F3) and falsification (M1)
Kristina Alexander, 37, of Blanchester, faces one count of falsification (M1) and one count of aiding a wildlife offender (M3), and Zachary Haunert, 31, of Lebanon, faces two misdemeanor counts of aiding a wildlife offender (M3).

You can read the indictment here.
So with the charges for the 8 pointer from the prior season, I am wondering if they found some trail cam photos of him on these other properties. If they do, I'm going to say he's going to be paying some hefty fines. And if he bought his hunting license after the fact, then he's likely gonna not get out of those charges. Not a smart criminal and definitely guilty. I have to change my mind and say he's guilty based upon the indictment. OJ got away with murder after having a good legal team. I think CJ not going to be so lucky

th88

I'm honestly still surprised so many of you were quick to think he wasn't guilty and there was some backdoor shenanigans between the DA and wildlife officials. "Poaching for the gram" is amazingly common now days. It'd blow your mind if you knew how often it really occurred.

DeerCamp

I'm honestly still surprised so many of you were quick to think he wasn't guilty and there was some backdoor shenanigans between the DA and wildlife officials. "Poaching for the gram" is amazingly common now days. It'd blow your mind if you knew how often it really occurred.
It only takes a few similar scenarios with actual shenanigans for people to default to being against the "authorities".

Just one more reason crimes committed by authorities should be treated with very serious consequences.

Last edited:

Latest posts