HUNTR podcast- Big Ohio buck with A TN connection

lafn96

I've not seen anything official, but here's a link to the Ohio version of tndeer.

Like here, a lot of folks claim to be "in the know".
So reading through that, seems like the neighboring property to where he shot it is owned by the local DA who was also after that buck. Lots of conflicting stories saying it has/has not been confiscated. Nothing confirmed or official that I read or could find.

Big Gun

I've not seen anything official, but here's a link to the Ohio version of tndeer.

So reading through that, seems like the neighboring property to where he shot it is owned by the local DA who was also after that buck. Lots of conflicting stories saying it has/has not been confiscated. Nothing confirmed or official that I read or could find.
So maybe the local DA is pissed someone got "his" deer?

CliffordN

There is an active investigation going on by the Ohio DNR, but no charges have been filed at this point, that I am aware of. A game warden was out there not long after the buck was killed, and I was told by the hunter that he said everything was in order then. So, this is a little mysterious. I would caution everyone to wait for further developments, because there is a ton of trash talking all over the internet already. And the man should be presumed innocent until found guilty.

bowhunterfanatic

I watched the YT video posted on the OH deer page and it definitely doesn't paint a good picture for the young guy. I hope he killed it legally but I wouldn't put my $$ on it.

Buzzard Breath

I watched the YT video posted on the OH deer page and it definitely doesn't paint a good picture for the young guy. I hope he killed it legally but I wouldn't put my $$ on it.
I just watch it also. It is strange that they found it the morning after he shot it, but all the pictures that are circulating look like they waited until dark to take them.

CrossVolle

People do stupid things for deer every year. This guy just decided to double down and talk too much.

CliffordN

I just watch it also. It is strange that they found it the morning after he shot it, but all the pictures that are circulating look like they waited until dark to take them.
He said that the girl with the "good camera" could not get there until after dark. There are some daytime pics, and I have seen one of them. Following up, I just spoke with Ohio DNR, and they told me there will be an announcement about this case fairly quickly, and that they felt it was very solid, put together by good old fashioned thorough game warden work. I tried to get more out of the man I spoke with, and got "I cannot comment further on an ongoing investigation."

lafn96

On the podcast he said his mother in law claimed to not even know him when he took the warden there. If she's the landowner or one of the landowners, could she say she didn't give him permission? Or, he didn't have written permission from her? I'm obviously just speculating here. If he had permission just didn't have it in writing, is that enough for the wardens to confiscate it? If so, that's BS when alot of times they won't do anything about actual trespassers.

rem270

Seen it on the book of face this morning that it was poached. I don't know enough to give an opinion and really don't care enough either way. Only thing I can say is if someone kills something of this size then they know they aren't getting away with it if it did happened to be poached.

Buzzard Breath

On the podcast he said his mother in law claimed to not even know him when he took the warden there. If she's the landowner or one of the landowners, could she say she didn't give him permission? Or, he didn't have written permission from her? I'm obviously just speculating here. If he had permission just didn't have it in writing, is that enough for the wardens to confiscate it? If so, that's BS when alot of times they won't do anything about actual trespassers.
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

rem270

If I got lucky enough to take such a buck there is no way I would sell it. That tells me in itself that it didn't mean anything to the hunter.
I see what you're saying and it would be hard for me to sell. But if someone's offering 50k-$100k and you get a replica then I would probably highly consider it.

Latest posts