Great car notifications

Deer Whisperer

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was even looking at these vehicles.
It's kind of cool when you see a 25 year old vehicle that has very little miles on it. Kind of like a time capsule.
If anyone else sees a vehicle like that, post it up! I don't need to be the only one finding these.

Deer Whisperer

Now this is one of those cars where everything does not all seem just right.
Says low mileage, but does not look clean like most low mileage cars. Seats and floormats.
Says it has a V6 engine. With Honda Accords, 4 cylinder engine cars had 4 lug nut wheels. 6 cylinder engine cars had 5 lug nut wheels. Maybe that didn't apply for that year, but...
It seems a little more weathered than I like. The paint is faded off the hubcaps.
I would also pay attention to the raised edge on the airbag cover panel on the passenger side dashboard. Maybe a sign of a problem, maybe not...

https://owensboro.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 78745.html

Also, Honda had problems with their automatic transmissions during the late 90's and early 2000's. Primarily on the V6 cars. Always beware of that. If 1997 is not one of the problem years for that, then no problem.

The car may be worth investigating, but it has a lot of details to consider.

Deer Whisperer

Upon further inspection, this truck is listed in at least 3 cities. They are using different phone numbers in the different listings. If this is a dealer, that can happen, but this may also be a scam. This ad is put together different than the usual scam ad. It looks real.
Proceed with caution. Only buy if you can lay your hands on it.

Deer Whisperer

TNRazorback":38y694ji said:
Mighty nice finds in this thread, DW. Keep this up and you're going to end up getting into my wallet ;)

Trust me. If license and insurance cost wasn't an issue, I would own way more vehicles than I do now. :drool:

Displaced_Vol

Great thread. I log a lot of miles and this makes me want to seriously consider getting something cheap that's good on gas and keeps miles off the truck.

Latest posts