Grandad’s old Jon boat turned into a pretty sweet rig!

TRIGGER

CritterGitter":2zaie7w8 said:
Never seen swing up Jack's near the rear axle like that. Is that to push the boat around the driveway or in case of a flat ?

I was just about to ask also. Brilliant idea for moving it around in tight spaces and there if you have a flat also.

cousinjordo

Man that looks great. I grew up in a Jon boat in the Ouachita in Arkansas. My grandfather passed last fall. I've got two boys under 2 that I can't wait to spend time in the woods and on the water. I'm sure my wife is sick of my constant chatter lately about how much I want a Jon boat for the boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redheadshooter

Dbllunger":3jf197bk said:
I really like what you have had done to it. Was taking out the middle seat very difficult? I would love to remove mine and have storage made for the sides.

No it wasn't difficult. Just used a grinder and was very careful!

redheadshooter

TNRazorback":3qzm3ac0 said:
That's an awesome restoration. Who did the welding and paint?

A guy from Burlison did the paint and installed/wired the tilt and trim unit. Welding was Curry King from Trenton.

redheadshooter

CritterGitter":1v8bswu2 said:
Never seen swing up Jack's near the rear axle like that. Is that to push the boat around the driveway or in case of a flat ?

I had an extra one laying around that has a broken wheel. I threw it on the trailer in case of a flat tire! Haven't had to use it yet. (fingers crossed)

Latest posts