CALLING

C1295

anyone had any luck calling? Fixing to hit the woods this Thursday and Friday Probably for all day sits both days. Anyone this last weekend had any luck calling?

Ski

Yep they're super responsive right now. Don't be afraid to really be noisy. Closer you can mimic a hot chase the better it'll work. I've grunted and bleated countless deer in last few days, both bucks and does. Got a spike standing in the river right now sniffing the crossing in search of what made all the noise a minute ago.

20231113_082148.jpg

Yesterday this 8pt came in doing same thing and eventually gave up and laid down sniffing the air.

20231112_081011.jpg

Had a lone doe come running in on a string earlier. She came straight to my tree. Her running around hot and answering calls tells me most older bucks are locked down. Otherwise she'd be with a buck. As soon as an older buck is freed up and is in earshot of the calling, he'll come in too. Just a matter of right place right time.

But to answer, yes calling is working right now. Like DMD I've had no luck rattling yet.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Deer are extremely vocal this year. I had a doe grunting the other day to keep her fawn in check and keep up with her. Then had a little buck grunting while he was cruising by my stand. I normally don't call unless I see them and can watch how they react.