Should i do some blind calling

Thegreatwhitehunter1776

Im hunt public land and wonder if anyone has had kuck blind calling with either a grunt, bleat, or rattling. Are we in too late of the rut to try or with me being on public land i should sit tight, and only call if i see one way off in the distKce and i cant get a shot.

14deerhunter

A 6 pointer which he shot and called in a small 6 pointer this morning

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

catman529

Rattled in a young 8 on private few weeks ago, grunted in a big 8 on public couple weeks ago but I saw that deer first. Rattled/grunted in a yearling 6 on public yesterday. Most of the time calling doesn't work for me. Occasionally it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catman529

Thegreatwhitehunter1776":2ngu5i77 said:
Would it do more harm than good, since i might spook the doe and the bucks should be locked down with them
I haven't noticeably spooked anything with calling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UTGrad

I blind call occasionally usually out of boredom. Keep in mind deer will typically get downwind of the call to scent check before approaching. If you can't see the deer and you call it might have slipped down wind, caught your scent and moved the other way without you even knowing the deer was ever there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmmonty32

I lost my grunt call on sunday in the woods...never had any success with it anyway so i doubt i will buy another one...i do still rattle and hit the can some but no results there either

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

First week of muzzy prime rut I used the "Can call" doe estures bleats, and blind called in a small 8 on public he came running stright down the ridge looking for the doe.

Later that evening a small 6 came in I let walk after it got 60-70yards from me I hit the can call just to see how he would act...he did nothing paid it no attention. this is my experience over the years I dont think a small amount of blind calling runs deer off.

infoman jr.

If I'm in a leafy oak, I like to shake the branches and grunt some. We had some bad wind where I hunt this fall, and we had several deer (including some big bucks) come check us out while we were dragging big limbs out of the road.

You do run a risk of a deer coming in from down wind when you blind call, so it's situational. I wouldn't worry about scaring a deer off by calling. I think they'd either come in to investigate or simply ignore it.

UTGrad

Last December I saw a buck in the field behind me about 70 yards. I gave 2-3 grunts and he stopped and came in on a string. I stuck him at 30 yards. I have also rattled in young bucks. IMO I use the grunt tube to get a buck's attention if I can see it. For blind calling I prefer to rattle about 1x an hour or use estrous bleat can call at first or last light if I'm not seeing anything.

I always have my grunt tube around my neck because numerous times I've been able to stop a deer and get its attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts