Blind draw update

Kevin

Levee Jumper":2fcuebi9 said:
I hope it's public information on who has a card to each blind drawn. Name and Town would be preferred if people from across the state are going to try and get drawn. It's rough hunting over 50 days a year being 2 miles from the boat ramp. Can't image seriously considering it living 2-8 hours away.

I have never been to a drawing, and have also never hunted a public blind in west tn, but I live in Knoxville and have hunted 30+ days a year In the public woods of Arkansas every year for the last 5 years.

I actually hunt it more now than I did previously when I lived in west tn. Distance is all relative.

Polarkraft

Kevin":1cxuwsnw said:
Levee Jumper":1cxuwsnw said:
I hope it's public information on who has a card to each blind drawn. Name and Town would be preferred if people from across the state are going to try and get drawn. It's rough hunting over 50 days a year being 2 miles from the boat ramp. Can't image seriously considering it living 2-8 hours away.

I have never been to a drawing, and have also never hunted a public blind in west tn, but I live in Knoxville and have hunted 30+ days a year In the public woods of Arkansas every year for the last 5 years.

I actually hunt it more now than I did previously when I lived in west tn. Distance is all relative.
Hunting the woods in Arkansas doesn't equate here. Driving to hunt, alot of people will do. Driving to build and brush a blind in the heat is a different story.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dodge Man

Polarkraft":1d3x5nsh said:
Kevin":1d3x5nsh said:
Levee Jumper":1d3x5nsh said:

Hunting the woods in Arkansas doesn't equate here. Driving to hunt, alot of people will do. Driving to build and brush a blind in the heat is a different story.

Depending on where you put in for most of these places are totally different. Tigrett about half the blinds require using 2 separate boats to get to. You have to drive up a river that is so shallow you can not run a outboard half the year. Then crawl up a bank and get into a second boat you take in a leave to drive to the blind. Most of the blinds will need a new floor each season. Some roof work and lots of brush.

At Gooch most blind sites do not have blinds on them. People bring in floating blinds or trailer blinds each season and take them out.

At Reelfoot most locations have a blind but probably need repairs and brush.

I would hate to try to round up enough people to do all that work and drive 5+ hours with equipment, boats, lumber, brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tickweed

I just hope and pray this doesnt put more pressure on the boat hunting areas on the wmas. Its already way out of hand now.

drake799

I would hate to try to round up enough people to do all that work and drive 5+ hours with equipment, boats, lumber, brush.

And you're sure not gonna get all that work done in a day lol. Maybe a handful of trips if you're lucky lol.

Hey if any of you east sides draw a good blind at reelfoot and only gonna hunt a couple days the guys I hunt with have a floating blind I'm sure we could work something out. But on a serious note it does take a lot of work and time to get a blind ready.

Dodge Man

fireduck":2jn5zr85 said:
Any news of Blind Conditions Report?
Usually at the in person draw they will have a sheet saying blind conditions. Good, fair, poor or no blind. I assume when the computer entry goes live the form will have something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polarkraft

I'm surprised at the number of rebuilds on hickory 1 and 2 this year

Polarkraft

I'm surprised at the number of rebuilds on hickory 1 and 2 this year.

Levee Jumper

IMO if you can't manage to drive/walk/boat to a blind site in the next month that you want to occupy daily for two months this winter, you don't have any business trying to draw it.

Polarkraft

'borohunter":23byv6md said:
Doesn't TWRA ultimately decide what needs to be done with each blind? (i.e. condition).
Those decisions have been made, my understanding is that blinds unfit for occupancy were burnt over the last week or so

Displaced_Vol

Levee Jumper":2sijcqu1 said:
IMO if you can't manage to drive/walk/boat to a blind site in the next month that you want to occupy daily for two months this winter, you don't have any business trying to draw it.

I don't disagree with that, but some sort of quick reference cheat sheet would help at least give people a start. Right now I am studying up on about 3 places, and a sheet would probably help my process of elimination & then I could go put boots on the ground at a handful of blind sites as opposed to trying to see 50+ first hand.
Also, if some spots have blinds built and some have nothing, it would help alleviate some concerns if people knew what they were getting into and what they had the ability to get done before drawing.

As to the group vs solo deal I agree with those that think it's going to lead to a lot of single cards. If I've got a group of 6 guys we'd all agree that we want the best chance to get a blind, which means 6 individual entries. My brother and I were trying to figure that out on the phone earlier this week. Doesn't matter whose name is on it if you don't get drawn, right?

Polarkraft

Yea but if the buddy with a card cant go opening weekend, or any day for that matter you have no right to it.

I've had to kick people out of top 10 picks on opening day before. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pissed off guys when the card holder cant make it on a Saturday, and the blind is occupied when they get there

drake799

I hope everyone putting in as individual this year stops and thinks about that before they go trying to make a group of guys produce a card some
Morning when they've hopped a blind Everyone knows how this works. One guy doesn't get it all done by himself . It's a group effort This is just the hand we've been dealt Show some respect and don't show up 2 hrs before sunrise and hop in someone else blind and be that way. You wouldn't want it done to you guaranteed!!!!

Polarkraft

drake799":3vl0f06b said:
I hope everyone putting in as individual this year stops and thinks about that before they go trying to make a group of guys produce a card some
Morning when they've hopped a blind Everyone knows how this works. One guy doesn't get it all done by himself . It's a group effort This is just the hand we've been dealt Show some respect and don't show up 2 hrs before sunrise and hop in someone else blind and be that way. You wouldn't want it done to you guaranteed!!!!
We disagree here, if you game the system by everyone putting in separate, you better be prepared for the system to game you. I'll 100% beat groups to a blind if I think the cardholder wont be there. I'm good with it the other way around too. Like you said. It's the hand we've been dealt, gotta play the game

Latest posts