2019 Plans

branden

I thought with 15 for Elk and 22 Antelope points I would draw. Not looking good. If you don't mind, what AZ hunts do you guys apply for? I do early archery bull unit 27 and unit 1 rifle Antelope.

wjohnson1983

Made my points donation to Utah last night and made the donation to AZ last month.

CO, NV, WY, and second round of AZ to come.

TNTBR

Will be up in Alaska in a couple months chasing bear and then in September back to Africa for 2 weeks with wife an son.
Best of luck to everyone and straight shooting.

AT Hiker

Montana app in.
If anyone puts in for the general deer combo in MT I have figured out a little hidden nugget of info that will greatly up your odds of drawing the tag.

In years past the tag was 100%, I believe odds have dropped below 80% now for NR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjohnson1983

RockChucker30":1w72kn49 said:
Baby girl born Feb 15, have a 3 year old boy. Did a bear plus elk/deer last fall, will be staying close to home this year.

I'm in the same boat. Son is 3 and girl due May 12th. Keeping my points building this year.

turk870

Well Colorado 1st rifle is applied for, if unsuccessful either get a left over tag or OTC. I couldnt get away from work last year to make it out west so I am itching bad.
Going to a new area this year, going to the Grand Mesa.

Not sure if yall have played with Onx, but i'm really liking it. Trying to look at as much as I can, never laying eyes on the area.

AT Hiker

Yeah, gotta get CO in this week.

OnX is badass, no doubt. However, that steep nasty country can never be replicated on screen or paper, boots on the ground will humble you quick. I've also noticed that small basins can sometimes look a lot better in person too. Keep that in mind.

Buzzard Breath

I'm in and should draw my 1st choice with 5 points. If not, I've got a 10% chance with my 2nd and 14% chance with my 3rd (based on last year's results). All 3 choices don't have gun seasons that open until later, so I should be hunting during the rut.

582651e834571ec924275fc0c612c4a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

[youtube]HLTvnqDphls[/youtube]

Video borrowed from YouTube

AT Hiker

PickettSFHunter":3b99op6a said:
I need to get that AZ gun deer tag put in for. Kind of lost on the process and the units but I can make an attempt.

Text me if you have any questions. Since AZ restructured things it's worth putting in for at least while building points. Depending on species you need to be careful which season you put in for. Example; Coues deer have about 3-4 rifle seasons depending on the unit. The later is the harder to draw but it puts you closer to the rut while the early ones tend to be easier but those suckers just don't move much at all because it's super hot.
That's a big general statement of course.

Latest posts