Zucchini boats

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Did these for lunch yesterday.
By the time we got done with them I was starving so that might have played a part but they were really good.

Cut the zucchini longways and hollow out the inside.
Brown some hamburger meat and add in some crème cheese chopped onions, some red bell peppers and the zucchini guts.
Put all this junk back in the zucchini and top with mozzarella cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake till the zucchini is soft.

Then, of course, I had to top off with a liberal amount of parmesan cheese.

Very good and very low carb meal.
Two of them filled me up.

Buzzard Breath

Looks excellent!

We make similar meals, but with spaghetti squash, all the time. Give it a try sometime. Cook and shred the spaghetti squash, make a filling and mix with the squash, refill shell, top with cheese and bake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
redblood":1abe3tlm said:
Awesome. I can tell by your posts that you must be doing keto. I love it.
Not really following any particular "diet" just trying to make better choices and cut out the 10,000 grams or so of carbs I eat lol

Just finished frying up some Italian sausage and scrambling some eggs for breakfast tomorrow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLH

Not really a fan of zucchini or squash in general. But trying to cut down on carbs so I gave this a try yesterday.

Substituted sausage for the hamburger meat (because it was on sale at Kroger). Cooked the onions and bell pepper with the sausage.

It was awesome. Actually, I couldn't believe how good it was. Something happened to the zucchini, it changed flavor or absorbed flavor. But it was not like any squash I'd had before. I don't know what was going on, but it was wonderful.

Already bought more zucchini for another meal. This time I'm going to use the HOT sausage.

RLH

Ate the first one with parmesan cheese.

On the second one I topped it with sour cream and salsa. It was great.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
RLH":25whpdne said:
Not really a fan of zucchini or squash in general. But trying to cut down on carbs so I gave this a try yesterday.

Substituted sausage for the hamburger meat (because it was on sale at Kroger). Cooked the onions and bell pepper with the sausage.

It was awesome. Actually, I couldn't believe how good it was. Something happened to the zucchini, it changed flavor or absorbed flavor. But it was not like any squash I'd had before. I don't know what was going on, but it was wonderful.

Already bought more zucchini for another meal. This time I'm going to use the HOT sausage.

LOL I hear ya man.
Another revelation I have had is that those yellow bell peppers that I have always sworn off of, are freaking GOOD! LOL
I can slowly feel and notice my tastes changing little by little as more and more time goes by with no carbs and less sugar in my diet.