Zoom baits

Harold Money jr

There's been a ZOOM Bait shortage in East Tennessee lately, or maybe I've just noticed lately. I just got back from one of the better bait shops expecting them to have the baits and colors that the others were out of. We'll they were out of specific ones too. They said for special run colors it might be 3-5 years out if at all. I don't know if the sky is falling but, we'll manage. I'd recommend the next time you're hoarding toilet paper, .22 long rifle cartridges, milk and bread you might want to add some zoom baits to the list. Lol
BTW has anyone else heard anything?

Crow Terminator

I was at Big Fish Outfitters over by Melton Hill over the weekend. They have a wall approx 15-20 yards long and 6 feet high of just Zoom products. It looked pretty full to me. The whole store looked well stocked. Fish Tales in Cleveland was the same way. All I'm seeing a shortage of is sinkers and fishing line in stores; online seems to be ok.

Tenntrapper

There's been a ZOOM Bait shortage in East Tennessee lately, or maybe I've just noticed lately. I just got back from one of the better bait shops expecting them to have the baits and colors that the others were out of. We'll they were out of specific ones too. They said for special run colors it might be 3-5 years out if at all. I don't know if the sky is falling but, we'll manage. I'd recommend the next time you're hoarding toilet paper, .22 long rifle cartridges, milk and bread you might want to add some zoom baits to the list. Lol
BTW has anyone else heard anything?
I dont know if they have what you are looking for, but have you tried Tom's in Morristown?

RobDooley

I pretty much stopped going to BPS & Sportsman Warehouse in Chattanooga. Truly pitiful in regards to stocking most tackle and hunting supplies. However, "Fish Tales" in Cleveland is loaded with fishing tackle including Zoom plastics.

Harold Money jr

Big Fish outfitters is my go to store, Edgemoor Outfitters, Tom's in Morristown and The Real Deal in Dayton are others I frequent. The shelves are 95% full and there are still walls of Zoom baits at these places but, if you look closer there are empty pegs of the same baits and colors at each store. I know It happens to certain hot baits and colors every year, it's not an issue at all unless you're wanting one or two of the 5% like my highschool son was wanting, heaven forbid he'll have to "make do" with another color LOL.

Crow Terminator

Did you happen to be at Big Fish on Saturday looking for certain colors? I was there buying a few things and a guy was off to the side with one of the workers looking up colors on the computer. I would give Fish Tales a call. Tank has a bigger Zoom selection than Big Fish. I rarely throw soft plastics but the whole back wall of his store is Zoom stuff.

NumberOne

There were rumors going around that Zoom was selling the business but the company issued a press release debunking that rumor. Just so much demand and with Covid its made it harder to keep up. They said they were operating at full capacity now.

Jmed

Zoom, as well as many of the plastics manufacturers, are having trouble getting raw materials.