Yuchi

hunter0925

I would have to say it would be great. We have hunted it several times (not juvi) and have always had success. With that said if your juvi doesn't want to hunt a field then they need to be able to climb. There are some really good deer up there and good numbers as well. I live near there and drive through a lot. It is a beautiful place for sure.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
hunter0925 said:
I would have to say it would be great. We have hunted it several times (not juvi) and have always had success. With that said if your juvi doesn't want to hunt a field then they need to be able to climb. There are some really good deer up there and good numbers as well. I live near there and drive through a lot. It is a beautiful place for sure.

Yup

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Remember that the Yuchi Juvy hunt is a 100 hunter quota, and most of the people will be on the fields with rifles... this can be a bit scary since most of them are just learning how to use a rifle. Also, the ridges are not all that high, just STEEP, and you can get turned around in them real easy if you are not careful. If you get in the ridges/woods a little bit off the fields you should be able to do well. Don't forget the 4pt on a side/15inch spread rule applies to juveniles as well as adults.

Grill-n-man

Been driving thru there for the last 20+ years and hunted the area a couple of times. Have seen lots of deer and a good many bucks. I would caution that if you get drawed to make real good and sure that the buck is legal before you shoot it. If the same person that I remember being over that area still is, I would check and double check all my stuff cause he will give you a ticket without a second thought and your young un will take a bad memory away from something that should be a fun time.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Yeah, I would definitely make sure that I followed the rules before I went on a hunt, especially if you are trying to teach good ethics to your kid...

I've never had any problems out of Bernie. In fact, he has answered many questions for me and been very willing to help point me and my hunting partners in the right direction when asked. He has a job to do, and I have heard that he has had to write citations on the Juvy hunt because some people either did not read the regs, or else they decided that they were going to rewrite them to suit themselves. Just follow the rules and I promise that there will be no problems.

stik

EastTNHunter said:
Yeah, I would definitely make sure that I followed the rules before I went on a hunt, especially if you are trying to teach good ethics to your kid...

I've never had any problems out of Bernie. In fact, he has answered many questions for me and been very willing to help point me and my hunting partners in the right direction when asked. He has a job to do, and I have heard that he has had to write citations on the Juvy hunt because some people either did not read the regs, or else they decided that they were going to rewrite them to suit themselves. Just follow the rules and I promise that there will be no problems.

Bernie is a great guy that will go out of his way to help you.

plinker22

stik said:
EastTNHunter said:

I've never had any problems out of Bernie. In fact, he has answered many questions for me and been very willing to help point me and my hunting partners in the right direction when asked. He has a job to do, and I have heard that he has had to write citations on the Juvy hunt because some people either did not read the regs, or else they decided that they sure going to rewrite them to suit themselves. Just follow the rules and I promise that there will be no problems.

X2. One of the reasons I always apply for Yuchi hunt... the game warden, Bernie, is great to deal with.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
plinker22 said:
stik said:
EastTNHunter said:

I've never had any problems out of Bernie. In fact, he has answered many questions for me and been very willing to help point me and my hunting partners in the right direction when asked. He has a job to do, and I have heard that he has had to write citations on the Juvy hunt because some people either did not read the regs, or else they decided that they sure going to rewrite them to suit themselves. Just follow the rules and I promise that there will be no problems.

X2. One of the reasons I always apply for Yuchi hunt... the game warden, Bernie, is great to deal with.
x3 great game warden
i have seen some real nice bucks over there and seen some monster 6pt killed that was huge

Latest posts