Your Top Three Night Time Bass Baits

SilverFox

Re: Your Top Three Night Time Baits

3/8 oz jig
7/16 oz jig
6 inch robo worm on a texas rig.

if I'm where smallmouth are in high numbers, 1/2 to 1 oz spinnerbait according to depth of water. I've caught some largemouth on it but not enough to make me put the jig down.

Crow Terminator

Guess we are all on the same page with this.

1. Chatterbait in dark colors.
2. 10 or 11 inch worm. Dark colors.
3. Jig or spinnerbait with a single or double colorado blades.

A neat little trick I learned from a Hank Parker on night time spinnerbaits, is for a double colorado style spinnerbait. Make the bigger blade a darker color...such as black nickel. And the smaller blade, paint it red or orange. I remember I went out and made one just like he did in the video I use to have, and never fished with it. I always stuck to the out of pack spinnerbaits....you know, the kind. One night I had just hung one of the spinnerbaits up and lost it and decided to try something different. There I found that spinnerbait I had made and decided to try it. Wow...I hadn't had a single hit on the blade all night up to that point and then after putting that thing on, boated 3 good keepers on it. It was enough I started fishing it pretty regular.

CamoGator

1.) 6inch black/red flake zoom lizard
2.) Dark colored spinner bait
3.) On full moon and clear nights I'll use a white/silver crankbait. Sounds odd but I've had success that way.

Unicam

I have used these for over 40 years when night time bass fishing. A Heddon Crazy crawler! Havent bought one in over 25 years and dont know if they even make them anymore. I still have 2, one has almost no paint left on it and the other is new in the box.

WORM82

Largemouth
1- jig
2- green pumpkin w/green flake finesse worm or brush hog.
3- spinnerbait

Smallmouth in river
1- black spinnerbait w Colorado blade
2- black buzz bait
3- topwater plugs

Latest posts