Your thoughts…age & score?

CHRIS WILSON

Probably 4+ years old. Score? Big enough I wouldn't pass him up. Good luck with him this season. I'm real curious to see him out of velvet.

redblood

If he's a mountain deer I would guess 5 1/2 and mid 140s all day long
I look at alot of buck everyday out of my window. Many of these deer i have a history with. That deer is no youngster. It takes food to make them fat and testosterone to thicken a neck. Not alot of either in early September in the mountains. But that is mature buck

Joe2Kool

A la The Price is Right, without going over, 4 years, two months, 11 days. And 146-3/8.

IMO, you need a hunting partner to help you hunt for him. You could sit in one stand, and I could sit in another. That would improve the odds of taking some tailgate pics with him! 😆 😆

Waterboy Bob

Long story on this buck….he showed up in a place I was not expecting. I was trying to avoid what I thought was his area until rut. He showed up on opening day of archery with a smaller buck about 3/4 mile from where I got the trail cam pic. I got a shot but messed it up somehow. I was sick to my stomach. Tried a dog. Tried watching for buzzards for weeks. No luck…..until the farmer cutting beans called me. He died in standing beans and luckily the farmer didn't run over him. Just got him back from the taxidermist using a cape from a buck my daughter killed which is kinda cool.

Attachments

• IMG_4065.jpeg
    IMG_4065.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4063.jpeg
    IMG_4063.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 8

cbhunter

Long story on this buck….he showed up in a place I was not expecting. I was trying to avoid what I thought was his area until rut. He showed up on opening day of archery with a smaller buck about 3/4 mile from where I got the trail cam pic. I got a shot but messed it up somehow. I was sick to my stomach. Tried a dog. Tried watching for buzzards for weeks. No luck…..until the farmer cutting beans called me. He died in standing beans and luckily the farmer didn't run over him. Just got him back from the taxidermist using a cape from a buck my daughter killed which is kinda cool.
I grossly underestimated him. That deer is all over 150

Latest posts