Your daily laugh at my expense

7mm08

I think I know this answer but I'm not sure.

I want to load some 140g Accubonds in my 7mm08. I have only loaded 140g TSX. They shoot great but variety is the spice of life. My question is while the bullet grains are the same and I will work up a variety of grains of powder for grouping....... BUT ....... IS THE COAL THE SAME FOR BOTH BULLETS? I think it should be but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks.

Omega

I have a comparator which measures from the ogive, so I can use the same cartridge base to ogive (C.B.T.O) for any bullet I chose to use. Since I am measuring off the lands and grooves, the measurements don't normally change.

backyardtndeer

I have a comparator which measures from the ogive, so I can use the same cartridge base to ogive (C.B.T.O) for any bullet I chose to use. Since I am measuring off the lands and grooves, the measurements don't normally change.
Same as this. The bullets may not be exactly the same from base to ogive, even though tip to base may be the same. If your reloading manual doesn't have specific data, you should be able to contact the bullet manufacturer for max coal for each.

7mm08

Same as this. The bullets may not be exactly the same from base to ogive, even though tip to base may be the same. If your reloading manual doesn't have specific data, you should be able to contact the bullet manufacturer for max coal for each
Thank you. I checked Nosler and their tested COAL for that bullet ( not max) is only 0.01 off what my COAL is @ 2.81 so I guess I'm good to go. I didn't think about checking manufacture spec. Still a neophyte at this

Attachments

• 8EC0E4F6-2470-441D-B346-2FF4DC22FEA9.png
    8EC0E4F6-2470-441D-B346-2FF4DC22FEA9.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 34