yote 2

fishboy1

Got my second yote of the season. Big male with nice coat in the same fence duck under by the chicken coop.
Not the one I was targeting but Ill take it !

fishboy1

Cumberlandriver":3r76lmiz said:
Trapping. Foothold, snare or conibear?

Snare. Was still alive tangled up in the bushes. I prefer them to be dead but the extra safety for non target catches is good. Conibears would not be legal in these locations.

Note.... Skinning a half frozen coyote is not fun nor a good fit for people with little patience. Got it done and only put 2 small holes in the front leg.

I had other things to do yesterday so I layed the yote out on the ground in the shade. Unfortunately it got a small 2-3" patch of green belly in front of one of the hind legs and the fur is slipping there. Rubbed it with borax and then froze the hide. Pretty sure that area of the pelt doesn't get used anyway since the belly fur by the pecker is pretty thin anyway.

This one has good thick fur, color is off and would be considered a "red" Eastern yote so its probably worth about $15-25 in todays fur market. If I can make the time this spring, Ill tan it myself for a wall hanging.

Latest posts