YGK Braid

NumberOne

I know there has been a lot of discussion in regards to braid on spinning reels. I have been fishing YGK G-SOUL SS112 sinking braid. The stuff is awesome. Its strong, vary manageable, ties leader knots extremely well and its very visible to detect bites (Bright Yellow). To me its worth it just for the fact that tying connecting knots is so much easier. Its expensive but I don't swap braid on my spinning reels but once every year or so. The Tackle Trap carries it. Just thought I would pass it along.
[h3][/h3]

NumberOne

I am using the 14 pound braid to a 8 pound leader. I don't throw a spinning reel much so when I do its using pretty finesse. Never used J-Braid but have used power pro quite a bite. Power pro is decent but its not as manageable or soft as the YGK. The main reason why I love the YGK is the ability to tie leader knots easy. I tied the 14 to 8 pound no problem. It was like I was using 25 mono to tie those light lines.

If you are using lighter braid (under 15 pounds) I would definitely give it a try.

Headhunter

Be wary with power pro, breaks pretty easy.
Momai is what I've switched too."
"power pro" to me breaks easy.

Power pro super slick does not. All I use and as good as it gets. I have had zero issues and have caught thousands of fish using it. It is "super slick", and strong.

Latest posts