Yellowjackets

midtndeerhunter

Anybody got a tip on dealing with these pesky things? I have a property that is over run with them. Not right on top of a nest, but they will be all over bow when you set it on ground and 10-15 constantly flying around you in stand. Can literally look out into woods and see them everywhere.

Carlos

Right. If you locate a ground nest, pour a handful of cat food near it. A skunk will usually be attracted to the cat food and will eradicate the nest pretty quickly.

Lone Hunter

Use a thermacell if you are hunting. I don't hunt hot weather hardly ever anymore but if I did I would definitely use a thermacell. The last time I bow-hunted Mississippi my buddy told me "Make Sure You Bring It". Some of the best advice I ever took. The No see ums showed up, mosquitoes, and yellow jackets. I turned it on and no more bothersome bugs. Have used one ever since and not looked back. If you find their nest wait until night when they are all home and dump a coke bottle of gas down the hole. You don't have to light it as the fumes will kill them. I was around some walnut trees this morning and there were yellow jackets everywhere. I hate those suckers because when they sting me they leave blood blisters..

kaizen leader

Anybody got a tip on dealing with these pesky things? I have a property that is over run with them. Not right on top of a nest, but they will be all over bow when you set it on ground and 10-15 constantly flying around you in stand. Can literally look out into woods and see them everywhere.
Damn, I hate those flying devils. They are flat mean. Good luck.

Hymie3

had some a couple weeks ago coming in and out of a tiny hole in my fireplace chimney outside. Got nailed in the ear lobe. I haven't been stung in years and man it hurt for days. Ended up spraying two whole cans of black flag and finally won. Sealed up the crack and all good now. They are bad this year.

TheLBLman

I usually mow over a nest/hole a time or two annually, and they eat me up.

But I'd rather have a dozen yellow jacket stings than a single red wasp.

This past Thursday evening I was relocating a stand, saw several yellow jackets, but none of them stung me. Then lo & behold, there's a big nasty red wasp right in front of my face, sucker then landed & stung me on the forearm. Never saw a wasp nest, just that one evil wasp.

Smells Like Sulfur

I would take some time and try to track down a few of the nests, and pour a little bit of old gasoline in them.

I've never been stung by a yellow jacket, they're generally only aggressive if you are aggressive to them. Just make sure you're not sitting near one of those nests, it could be construed as a threat, and I'm not sure if the castle doctrine applies to yellow jackets. 🤣

Lt.Dan

You can dig the nest up after dark and kill the bees. They don't fly at night. I've done this several times. Make sure to get the queen. She will be easy to spot. Huge compared to the rest.

UCStandSitter

Killer Queen Fire GIF by NETFLIX

Latest posts