Yellow Perch ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
According to what I have read Yellow Perch are "common" in KY Lake.

Does anyone have any experience catching them this far West in the state?

I have never caught one and I want to.

I have no idea where to find them or how to target them.

JimFromTN

I have caught them in the back of turkey creek as well as sulphur creek but not on a regular basis. Just fish for blue gill with spinners and you will probably catch one.

CATCHDAWG

Don't know about there but over here I find them in channels (creek or main) and off steep points. Kastmaster spoons jigged vertical are your friend as well as most any live bait. If you know how to find Walleye then the perch will be pretty much the same.

woodyard

Ruger, we used to catch them while fishing for bream in the springtime. Some of the beds i fished were on the edge of a little creek channel and it seemed we caught the perch on the creek side with crickets. This was probably 18-20 years ago when my son was young. Tell you where that place is sometime. They usually bed there every year.

Crosshairy

I've caught them while crappie fishing in the Big Sandy area, but I haven't been up there fishing with any regularity in many years (my grandmother lived in Big Sandy, but she passed in '04).

They are a tasty fish, but those scales are like tightly woven armor - fillet them off the skin, don't try to scale them like a bream.

7wsm

we catch a lot here gill fishing with crickets on gravel bars . we catch a lot in front of weed beds usually find them on bed in coves here in local lakes and where a small stream enters the lakes .they sure are a lot of fun on light tackle. good luck this spring

Latest posts