Yamaha f40 carburetor

nwsg76

I have a small broken piece on my 2004 f40 carburetor #2. Its a simple piece of plastic on outside of carb that advance fuel supply into carb. I can't find the part anywhere. Its not on any schematics. Dealer wants $700 for new carb.
If anyone has a lead on a 2004 to 2008 yamaha f40 carb....please pm me.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20211202_141729.jpg
    20211202_141729.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 63

Safari Hunt

Good luck. Is there another brand that uses the same carb? I had a Mariner which was a Japanese Mercury, made under Mercury license. Friend had an early model Mercedes; dealer wanted $1k for a carb. Traded the car.
Story how things can be the same: a friend spent time in the US and England. One of his friends had a Rolls-Royce and needed a new alternator. Dealer wanted $500. My friend went over, pulled the alternator off the R-R and went to a huge car parts store. Never said what it was for, just said, "I need one of these." Guy looked at the number on the housing and came back with one. $75 with trade. Seems R-R bought GM or Ford engines and drive trains, reworked them and put them in their cars.
Found a part for a '66 Olds that was a common part for all GM cars for 7 years!

woodyard

If you can come up with a part number for the carb you might find it on amazon. They sell a lot of parts from third party sellers that are way cheaper than the dealers. Most likely made in same factory in China or wherever. I have ordered carbs for chain saws, blowers, etc and found many parts for Mercury outboards there.
You just got to have the right number to start searching.

I preemptively looked for a high pressure fuel pump for my Merc outboard and one of the dealer sites had it for $600 plus. On Amazon looked like they went for $49 or so. I didn't need it but will certainly check it out on Amazon when the time comes.

Latest posts