Yaesu FT-991a Ham Radio

kckndrgn

Looking to sell my FT-991A, nothing wrong it it, other than just gathering dust. I have not been as active with the radio as I thought I would be and can use the funds for other projects. It's a great radio, I just don't use it. The radio has been factory reset so it's ready to setup.
This radio can do VHF, UHF & HF. It's a ham shack in a box.
FT-991A in original box, with mic, power cable, USB cable and owners manual. Also includes the "Nifty mini-manual".
$950

Attachments

• Firmware.jpg
    Firmware.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 29
  • FT991A.jpg
    FT991A.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 29
  • Manual.jpg
    Manual.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 28
  • NiftyManual.jpg
    NiftyManual.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 25

Steverino

I'd snag it if I was looking - nice radio. But I have 11 radios already and I like staying married LOL. To anyone out there interested in becoming a HAM theres a nice study course guaranteed to get you through licensing - I took one of their courses and passed with high score. Its called HamRadioPrep. Its a great hobby and helped me meet new people after we moved here. Decent price too since its hardly used. Just be advised Amateur Radio or HAM Radio isn't CB its restricted to licensed operators and they will find you out really quick if you get on without one. Our call signs are readily available to HAMs who know where to look. And the FCC will fine you substantially if caught. So play by the rules - get a call sign and have a blast. Just remember its not CB at least most of the time ;)

Last edited:

Tenntrapper

I'd snag it if I was looking - nice radio. But I have 11 radios already and I like staying married LOL. To anyone out there interested in becoming a HAM theres a nice study course guaranteed to get you through licensing - I took one of their courses and passed with high score. Its called HamRadioPrep. Its a great hobby and helped me meet new people after we moved here. Decent price too since its hardly used. Just be advised Amateur Radio or HAM Radio isn't CB its restricted to licensed operators and they will find you out really quick if you get on without one. Our call signs are readily available to HAMs who know where to look. And the FCC will fine you substantially if caught. So play by the rules - get a call sign and have a blast. Just remember its not CB at least most of the time ;)
Agreed, a tech license isn't hard at all. The general was a little harder, but I quit there. I don't really need an extra....and it's friggin tough... 😂

Steverino

I took the Extra test - yeah it was hard. But I passed. The places you can go are quiet so if you like that its nice. Back in the 80s I hung out on 15m every Sat / Sun morning with 4 or 5 guys from the UK mostly around London. We had an on-going sched until the band went out. We went to London in the 90s to visit one of them and stayed at his place for 6 days. Got a tour of the city from the back roads - it was really great. I enjoy the hobby. I need to take a day off and crank the tower up and work the higher bands for DX. Haven't done that in a while.

Latest posts