Wyoming elk 2022 application

Buzzard Breath

I've got enough elk points to have a high probability of drawing in the special draw, but I haven't been out west since 2019. I want a sure thing. I'm a couple points ahead of the mule deer unit I want, so I'm thinking I'll go that route. That should give me a day or two to reacquaint myself with the elk unit and try to draw it next year.

Crosshairy

Probably another point year for us as grandson has one more year of pharmacy school to finish. Then it'll be time to start burning the WY points. We're sitting on 13 across the board for elk, antelope & deer.
Your situation intrigues me, as I just started buying points a few years ago. I take your post to mean that you haven't been back to hunt Wyoming since buying points 13 years ago - is that right? Do you buy points across a lot of western states and just try to get a hunt in every year or two somewhere? I just can't imagine waiting that long to pull the trigger on a trip. I'm restless...

My buddy and I were going to try to make a first-time antelope trip this year - neither one of us has been before.

tellico4x4

Have been hunting western states since 1979, last time Co two years ago. Had two hunts booked last year in UT & SD that I cancelled due to drought & EHD. Going to do the SD this year & cogitating right now on the UT.
Use to build points in CO, but no longer do. Still build in UT, SD & WY. Started building points in WY in 2006 when they first started & used some in the early days, and have building ever since. Started buying points for two grandsons as soon as they hit 12 years old. Decided that we'd make WY our "special hunts" when they finished school & I retired. Just waiting on the last one to finish grad school. We've got at least 3 years of what should be great hunts ahead of us. Just hope the mule deer bounce back before I get too old....Last time hunted WY was 2010

gtk

Staff member
I'm still working on access to the private land, but its looking like a "GO". This land is just south and east of Cheyenne in unit 111. Only about 1900 acres, but should be plenty if it holds antelope. Crossing my fingers.

AT Hiker

No luck either.
I actually put me and my wife in for two separate hunts to up my odds by 0.0000001, so that CC refund is gonna be like a Christmas bonus.

Spoke with someone yesterday. They went in the special draw with 3 points and still didn't draw the general tag. Looks like it took 3.5 points to guarantee. I remember not long ago that tag could be second choice in special. Insane

Latest posts