Wtb surveyors level

cathunter

I don't know the correct name for the instrument other than surveyors level.
I'm needing it to be able to tilt up and down .
I'm gonna try yo find some property line pins.
Just seeing if anyone has it laying around.

cathunter

You need a transit and know how to use it. If you're going by and old plat don't assume it's 100% correct. Chaneylake will probably chime in when he sees this.
All I want to do is shoot straight up property line.
Too long for string. And woody . There are pins along property line I want to find.

cathunter

There was a guy on FB selling one . Don't know weather or not he sold it but I could pm him if you like . He lives kinda in the Delano area on the Hiawassee River .
Thank you sir. I have seen some on fb. But always check here too.

Wobblyshot1

Just thought of this...if you have cell service you might be able to find your location( lat.- long. ) with a location app and if you can determine pin lat and long you may be able to get close that way....a metal detector would be handy too.

CATCHDAWG

Just thought of this...if you have cell service you might be able to find your location( lat.- long. ) with a location app and if you can determine pin lat and long you may be able to get close that way....a metal detector would be handy too.
Yep. OnX app and a cheap metal detector (you can rent them). No need for cell service.

Rakkin6

Also if you wanted to you could rent the whole package for $40.00 from Home Depot in Knoxville. I know they have the whole DeWalt Laser Survey kits there. I work part time at Home Depot. Or check out a Home Depot that might be closer to you. They may have them also. But I know for sure several of the stores in Knoxville do.

Reactions: MUP

cathunter

I was able to find two corner pins using this very method right here.
I have the survey . I know where the corner pins are . Just need to establish from corner to corner. 1000 feet across a hill is what I'm trying t accomplish. Old fence everywhere so no metal detector. I can do it with a transit. Just trying to find one . Thanks all

Turkeyinstrut

Also if you wanted to you could rent the whole package for $40.00 from Home Depot in Knoxville. I know they have the whole DeWalt Laser Survey kits there. I work part time at Home Depot. Or check out a Home Depot that might be closer to you. They may have them also. But I know for sure several of the stores in Knoxville do.
Are you talking about renting a transit or builders level? There is a huge difference.

Latest posts