WTB a couple older API grand slam climbers

Rackseeker

Those were very comfortable stands and the seat material was cordura where rain / frost wouldn't saturate them. Hunted with my brother the other day and he had his in the truck. Good luck!
I have 3 that I have had for years. I leave 2 of them in the woods during season. So I don't have to carry them in so far. I put them in a 55 gallon garbage bag and hide them about 100 yds from where I hunt. I put summit seats in them and new chains. The replacement chains are better than the older chains with the black shrink wrap.

dhpro

I've got one that was going to try and sell when I bring out of mnt . It's in pretty good shape . It will be a few weeks though

double browtine

Looking for a couple API grand slam climbers. Cond. not important as long as the main aluminum frame is in good shape. Thanks
I might still have one you can have for parts. I know the foot climber is ok, but the seat climber part is iffy. I put pipe insulation on the top bars and then camo duct tape. I left it out in the woods for a couple months after the season one year. I decided to replace the chains, give it a new coat of paint, and install a new seat. When I cut off the camo duct tape and pipe insulation, the aluminum tubes had expanded to almost round! I'll see if I can find it, and send you some pictures to see if you want it. I was just thinking about scraping it for the aluminum but I haven't ever made it to the recycling center with it. You can have it. I'll post some pics of it later this evening when I get home.

AlexDad

I have an API Bowhunter I'd part with. I bought it new in Nov 2016 and the chains, paint, seat, chain covering, etc could pass for new. It's not a Grand Slam but the same thing except the open piece in the front for bowhunters. It also has the foot rest and Summit stirrups. I'm a germaphobe, neat freak OCD and it's in excellent condition. Never left outside and kept in a climate controlled garage.

I much prefer a climber but bought a piece of land in 2019 that's just not climber friendly and switched to a saddle.

Rackseeker

I have an API Bowhunter I'd part with. I bought it new in Nov 2016 and the chains, paint, seat, chain covering, etc could pass for new. It's not a Grand Slam but the same thing except the open piece in the front for bowhunters. It also has the foot rest and Summit stirrups. I'm a germaphobe, neat freak OCD and it's in excellent condition. Never left outside and kept in a climate controlled garage.

I much prefer a climber but bought a piece of land in 2019 that's just not climber friendly and switched to a saddle.
Thanks, but just looking for the grand slam.

double browtine

@Rackseeker
Here's the stand. It's grand slam magnum. It was a little bit wider than the standard model and I think it was rated to 350 lbs. My guess is that it rained and the chain and shrink wrap trapped water or moisture in the tube under the pipe insulation and duct tape I had on upper tubes. I added it for comfort because the stand didn't have any covers. Who knows, it was probably like that for years before I cut the tape off and realized it. Good reason to always wear your harness. If you are ever up near Nashville I could meet you somewhere and give it to ya if you want it. I'll PM you my phone number

Attachments

• IMG_6061.jpeg
    IMG_6061.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6060.jpeg
    IMG_6060.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6062.jpeg
    IMG_6062.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6064.jpeg
    IMG_6064.jpeg