Worth of a Civil War belt buckle?

pass-thru

Years ago when I was a little kid, for Christmas I got a belt buckle and a button that had been found on a battlefield in Virginia, I forget which one. I know I still have the buckle. It is a bit weathered being in the ground over a hundred years. What would something like that be worth?

pressfit

that is about like asking what is a 22 rifle worth... some 75 dollars and some 875 dollars... got a picture? confederates are worth way more than the yankee ones... I dug a yankee one and its probably worth $150.. heard 2 days ago about a guy who dug a confederate one and it was worth 3K

pass-thru

Looking around the web I think it is a federal eagle breast plate. I will be home this weekend and find it and put up some pics. Looks like they bring $100+....I was just looking for a ball park.

Crow Terminator

Yeah...dug breast plates are about $50-100 pending condition. To a collector, sometimes if you have the documentation of where it came from, it adds a little value to it. Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. A lot of stuff is listed in the books as being WORTH X amount...but on most of it, you'll never get those prices for it from people that buy relics, unless it has some characteristic that the buyer REALLY wants it for.

Latest posts