Working food plot...got lucky

DoubleRidge

Saw this one in sun from tractor....got lucky....one ear broke off base....but I'm not complaining.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_154233485~3.jpg
    IMG_20200411_154233485~3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,253

DoubleRidge

Tennrock":jjl9jvla said:
Nice, that's an old one.

Water near by?

Food plot area is on ridge but there is a spring at bottom of hill just below plot.....nearest large creek is 1/4 mile away.....couple of large springs on property though.

DoubleRidge

CATCHDAWG":2xfvk45w said:
Hard to tell without the rest of the base but that sure appears to be a paleo point! Very rare, congrats!

Thanks.... appreciate it.....always amazed every time I look down and see one....in years past I hunted artifacts but in recent years had gotten away from it.....this food plot has rekindled the fire!!

DoubleRidge

CATCHDAWG":3sn29qom said:
Side note. If you find a broken one in a food plot, keep digging around and looking. I've broken several with a disc and dug around and found the other piece, then glued them back together.

Great recommendation....thanks....I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Huntaholic

Quad is what those are called. They are paleo. Its basically an unfluted clovis. Ive found ONE of those and just like yours, it had an ear broken off. I had it restored and you cant tell its ever been touched now. CONGRATULATIONS!

DoubleRidge

Quad is what those are called. They are paleo. Its basically an unfluted clovis. Ive found ONE of those and just like yours, it had an ear broken off. I had it restored and you cant tell its ever been touched now. CONGRATULATIONS!

I don't know how I missed this post? But thank you for the information! I'll be honest...when you said "unfluted colvis" my jaw dropped open and I got light headed.....wow....thanks!

DoubleRidge

Can you share more info about the restoration process? Who provides that service? Or how is it done? Just curious....thanks.

Huntaholic

Can you share more info about the restoration process? Who provides that service? Or how is it done? Just curious....thanks.
I honestly don't know who to try to get in touch with now. Its been at least 25 years since I had that one done. There used to be a group of avid collectors that met here once a month and it was one of those guys who did it for me.

Latest posts