Wooly Worms

Dodge Man

Anybody else overrun with them this year? They are everywhere in my area this year. They eating up my garden, destroying my Kale, Squash, and pepper plants. I've never seen them so bad. I usually stomp 4-5 just walking around my yard every time I go outside. I run in the afternoons and I usually see 10-15 crossing the road in the few miles I run.

Is there anyway to keep them off the plants? I have put poison on them but with all this rain it is just washing off. I go out every day and get all the worms off that I can see until I am tired of looking for them. But the next day there are just as many on the plants. I have never seen them eat up Squash plants but there eating up whole squash leafs in a day per worm. I am so tired of worms. :bash:

WTM

nope havent seen nare one. make sure you do some good garden cleanup because they love to overwinter in clutter. you would prolly need a full day of dry weather for insecticide to be effective.

how wide are the brown bands?

Dodge Man

WTM":4ja8zq2o said:
nope havent seen nare one. make sure you do some good garden cleanup because they love to overwinter in clutter. you would prolly need a full day of dry weather for insecticide to be effective.

how wide are the brown bands?

I have not seen any with bands yet. There either solid black or solid orange.

catman529

I haven't seen any at all. Army worms have drilled holes in some of my tomatoes and of course there are always hornworms. Glad I don't have to deal with anything else at the moment. Hope you can put a damper on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodge Man

I don't know what is going on in my area, I am seeing maybe 50-100 in a 5-6 mile run up and down the road. Like seeing 1-3 every few yards on the road. I am getting to where I see them everywhere. I was mowing my yard and I know I killed 20-30 just in that time.