winter planting

DRSJ35

when planting your winter garden do you sow your seed's in the ground.Or do you start them in pot's.

MickThompson

I just topsow everything. turnips, collards, mustard, spinach, and carrots. bigger stuff like peas get mashed in. I don't start anything in pots, but i don't try so grow broccoli etc.

Nimrod777

Last week I put in a row of chard and a 2' row of Chinese cabbage, which was a bit of an experiment. Everything is coming up already, a bit ahead of predictions. Hopefully it keeps going strong.

The rest of my garden got in so late that it may as well have been a "winter" planting. Green beans are just starting to bear fruit. Tomatoes and tomatillos are ripening (aside from the occasional hornworm that Catman throws in on his drive-bys).

MickThompson

Nimrod, I have second-crop corn, peas, and beans that I will be picking next month. You still have plenty of time. I wish I still had a few tomatoes left producing but they have pretty well run their course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimrod777

Overall it seems many of my plants seem to be hitting stride! My spaghetti squash plants are folding up fast. Our first zucchini is just about ready to pick LOL-- I know that defies all gardening logic, but the late start combined with a first-time, un-enriched plot is making this whole season a roller coaster ride.

Royal Burgundy green beans being served this weekend! :D

Latest posts