Winter boat anglers....how do you

FLTENNHUNTER1

make sure the water in your outboard motor doesn't freeze overnight after your day of fishing. For instance, you decide to go fishing on a 45 degree day and the air temperature at night hits 28. Do somehow blow out the water? Or does it drain enough in the down position?

WilcoKen

make sure the water in your outboard motor doesn't freeze overnight after your day of fishing. For instance, you decide to go fishing on a 45 degree day and the air temperature at night hits 28. Do somehow blow out the water? Or does it drain enough in the down position?
My Yamaha 60 (4 Stroke) has a flush tube and I disconnect it and blow air through it after I load on trailer. Seems to work. I also keep a long piece of trimmer string handy to push through the outlet hole the next morning in case any ice is at the outlet. I duck hunt on a lot of cold mornings.

bluball

I dont even lower mine,keep it in an unheated garage and have never had any trouble.I have left the house at 5deg before to go fishing.

WTM

I just lower mine and let the water drain. Been doing this for years. Never had a problem. I do keep my boat in a garage.
yeah thats what the mercury dealer told me about the 4 strokes. he said all the water will drain out in a few seconds then you can raise it on the transom saver.

dont know about yamaha.

Latest posts