Winchester DuraTouch problems

416wbymag

Anyone had a problem with their Winchester DuraTouch stocks? Went to pull my SX3 Slugger out of the safe and its as sticky as fly paper. I have to wear rubber gloves to handle it. Seems there is a class action suit against it but you have to send the whole gun back to Browning.

Displaced_Vol

Are the new browning/winchesters using the same duratouch? I'm halfway in the market for a new A5 and I hate to buy something I know I'm going to have to send back.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
well it looks like now you can't send it to them. You have to take it to an FFL to ship it UPS... ugh
I sent mine in through the UPS. Still had the original box, and put that into another plain brown box so there is nothing to indicate firearm on it. Browning emailed be the label, and I had it picked up at work when they dropped off. If it's going back to the manufacturer for repair, unless something has changed in the last 6 months, it souldn't need to go through an FFL either way. They shipped it straight back to my house when it was returned.

Last edited:

Gravey

I was told ups had to pick it up at an ffl and it had to have that ffl as a return address. Let me know if 8t works for you
Looks like that may be correct. This is on the UPS site.
2DB707E1-A6AE-464C-82DE-734F508F23BB.png

Gravey

I was told ups had to pick it up at an ffl and it had to have that ffl as a return address. Let me know if 8t works for you
Well I got it boxed up and took to the UPS store today. They didn't ask what it was and I didn't say anything. Maybe because it had a prepaid label. No idea but it's on the way. Fingers crossed!

Gravey

Well I got it boxed up and took to the UPS store today. They didn't ask what it was and I didn't say anything. Maybe because it had a prepaid label. No idea but it's on the way. Fingers crossed!
Got a call from Browning today. Apparently the gun had been dipped before from its original camo to bottomland and he asked if I wanted that again. I'm not the original owner and didn't know it had been done but said to go ahead with bottomland again and he said ok. đź‘Ť

Latest posts