Winchester 1885 Low wall rifle 32 Long

Encore Eye Candy

I'm about to be a parent to a Winchester 32 long rifle. Sad thing is I will never be able to shot the baby since ammo is no longer available. I was told that I could convert to a 32 colt but will decrease value to about half or a third. Just a collectors Item setting in a safe.

Wobblyshot1

Nice old single shot. If it's in excellent condition I'd leave it alone. If it was marginal and you really wanted to shoot it then a conversion would certainly be considered. You might look into the American Single Shot Rifle Association forums and find something on what those guys are doing with those old rimfires. I found a link(below) that you might find interesting.

http://32rimfire.blogspot.com/2010/12/m ... ments.html

Hunter 257W

So is it a rimfire or centerfire?? I have a bunch of old rimfire ammo that I think is 32 caliber but based on the proportions it would not be the longer of two possible variations if there was a "short" and "long" as with 22 rimfires. What I have is more proportioned like the 22 short. I wonder if the 32's could be fired interchangeably like the 22 short, long and long rifle always were?

Latest posts