Will we ever fish the Caney again?

Back Home

Everytime I've checked the generation schedule, it's been "2 or more" for weeks now. I'm a newbie to the river -- is this normal? last time i went down there, I managed to do a little fishin, but not without look real hard for a decent eddie or two to throw a lure into.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Be another month or so. They have to get it back down to below summer pool. But on the bright side, fishing in the lake could be red hot in a week or so.

basset

Brought my son home from Tenn. Tech on Friday and went by Center Hill dam on the way, the lake was indeed high... how do I post a picture on here?

gil1

basset said:
how do I post a picture on here?
gil1 said:
Create an account with Photobucket.com or another photo website. On Photobucket, go to "My Albums." In the top right corner, under "Upload Images and Photos" is a tiny box that says,"Reduce to." Make sure you choose "640 x 480 (Large)." This makes sure the photos are not too big or small.

You can then upload photos to the sight by clicking on "Choose Files." You can upload one at a time or multiples by highlighting your files with the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard.

When all your files are uploaded, put your cursor on the picture you want to display on tndeer. Hold your cursor over the photo, and four "links" will drop down under the photo. Left click on the last link to the right of "IMG Code." This will highlight the link. Then right click on the highlighted section to copy it. Now go to the thread on tndeer.com. Under the last post, right click your mouse and then click "Paste." You can then type in your comments above or below the link to your photo.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Dang Gil, if I'd know it was that complicated, I would never have even stared. I just click on C then click on V.

Now Chewbacca, it could be the reason he isn't fishing is he has seen the river and realizes it one dangerous sumbuck right now.

But that's just a guess. BTW- They did recover the body last week.

gil1

bowriter said:
Dang Gil, if I'd know it was that complicated, I would never have even stared. I just click on C then click on V.
Prolly a much easier way to post a dern photo, but I don't know it. Now I ain't nearly as smart as BSK, but like him, I have been known to overthink a situation. Sometimes, you gotta put down the map and just go huntin'. ;)

Speaking of, your SEOPA piece was phenomenal. It almost pisses me off because it at least appears to be so simple. I overthink my writing, too.

Tubakka

We went to fish the Super Caney today. The other boat in our party got a largemouth and a few brown follows. I somehow managed to pull a 23.5 which is on the grill now and released a 24.5 out of my hat. I wish the river'd stay this way for a good long time. It'd be a wonderful study to learn how these fish react in high water. We got our two nice'uns in the eddies, one of htem was actually within half a cast of a designated shore fishing area near the dam. The eddies seemed to be the primary key, and look for baitfish, but I'm sure that there are fish back in the brush as well. We had a heck of a time fishing it htough, but we saw some baitfish being chased back in the thick of one of the submerged islands. I'm sure there's a trolling game to this, but man...with 30 feet of water under you, it really is intimidating first time out on it, at least from a fishing aspect. Saw some brave kayakers and canoers. Kayak I can see...canoe? The cross current below one of the bridges was giving me trouble upstream. Tried to buck me running through it with the 25. There HAS to be a way to fish this, and I bet it's THE time to get the giants. Any thoughts?

Latest posts