Wild Plums

TS_13

I got them from Missouri dept of conservation. Heck of a deal IMO. 25 of them for 8 bucks plus shipping, came out to be $13.50. Check them out, they had a lot more trees that just plums. The only thing was they are seedlings (1-3yr) but that price was much better than TN, and nwtf.

TS_13

They say they are fairly heavy producers. I cant say for sure though. They form thickets that is good for cover plus with food they say they are a good addition. I have some southern crabs, but I dont think they are going to do well since I have a lot of cedars. SO I figured I would give these a try. Plan B.

TS_13

I heard it was good! I figure out of 25 some should make it. I am going to pot them for the summer to get some size before I set them.

BSK

I find that wild plums are pretty endemic to everywhere in TN where timber has been removed. Most hunters just don't realize plums are out there because they fruit before hunting season (generally late August to around Labor Day).

BowGuy84

Im getting some of my old skitter trails cleared off and since they are level areas this is where Im going to plant some plumb thickets and Fruit trees. I know the Habitat Improvement Program here in KY will pay for them but a price like what you got I believe I'd pay and not have them having any say so over my land.

TNlandowner

TS,

How did your trees look at delivery? I ordered a variety of seedlings from MDC yesterday. Hope to get good planting stock.

Jim

TS_13 said:
I got them from Missouri dept of conservation. Heck of a deal IMO. 25 of them for 8 bucks plus shipping, came out to be $13.50. Check them out, they had a lot more trees that just plums. The only thing was they are seedlings (1-3yr) but that price was much better than TN, and nwtf.

TS_13

I have not revieved them yet. I paid for them a couple of weeks ago, I am looking for them any day now. I will let you know when I get them. What all did you order?

Latest posts