Wild hogs

Madbowh

Nothing is fulllproof, trapping in multiple locations at 1 time, baiting in the middle of fields and getting a few people with ar's in a line and thermal scopes, the 1st shot is shoot to kill the rest hope for the best.
The bigger the traps the better, you can get a few at a time in 1. For all I've seen and heard there's a fella on here I would trust more than anyone for info from what he has shown, don't want to throw him out there. He posted a video he got 2 at once in a small field.

One time I had a buddy put some tannerite in the bait and had some dumb luck and knocked a couple out, was one of those NO WAY things until he hit it.

They are smart and unpredictable, 1 place I hunt/ trap I see them sticking it out wondering until about 9am but not coming out until very last light.

Soft Talker

They are very smart. If you have them, you will always have them. There is no way to eradicate them completely. All you can do is hope to keep their numbers in check. You will not do this by trapping alone. All 3 methods must be used to make any difference, and must continue to be used. The right ones are very good eating ;) I'm out.

EASTERNHUNTER

We had a lease in Putnam County. I built a cage trap with locking guillotine door. Once we got them coming to the trap with stanky bait, we trapped 2 to 5 per night. They were pretty pissed so we had to dispatch them before removing from the trap. We built a skinning station about 1/8 mile from the trap. Trapped a bunch from end of deer season til late Feb.
My daughter just moved to Putnam county and was wondering about hogs around there. I want to start hunting there when I visit starting with hogs and turkey.

timberjack86

They are very smart. If you have them, you will always have them. There is no way to eradicate them completely. All you can do is hope to keep their numbers in check. You will not do this by trapping alone. All 3 methods must be used to make any difference, and must continue to be used. The right ones are very good eating ;) I'm out.
Trap out most of them, then find someone with 2-3 good big game curs and eliminate the rest. I can honestly say we completely eliminated my buddy's hog problem. He hasn't had a hog picture in 6 months

Latest posts