Wifes 1st

CritterGitter

Textbook hunt . Some tears were released. What a morning ! Story to come!

Attachments

• Resized_20240414_081315_1713101674616.jpeg
    Resized_20240414_081315_1713101674616.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 9

CritterGitter

We got there right on time today about 5:40 , threw the boots on and enjoyed the stroll. Had some time to spare so i actually passed up my normal hoot spot , was still pretty dark and a light breeze. Got around the bend and hooted and one answered exactly where we I wishing for. I know the woods well over there and lots of memories made. Bad spot for him . I told her come on we went way passed him . I wanted the other end of his ridge. We were about to step in the woods and i hooted once more, softly . He answered immediately. He was on a ridge across a holler , we followed a knob out towards the bottom that met his ridgetop and set. As it got light turkeys were gobbling all around but not him . Worry started to set in because i knew we were close. A hen started yelping in a tree down from us . He was answering her , and i began mocking her with my Trumpet . Popping and clucking and cutting and fast as i could to keep up with her. He would only drum . We could hear him. I see a flash of white and black barred feathers across the way as he pitched down into the bottom. Then the hen pitched to him. For the next 15 20 minutes nothing but drumming down the hill. I reached down and made some of the prettiest leaf scratches ever and he immediately gobbled . Wasnt 10 seconds leafs crunching, 2 hens come up but no gobbler, they get a little iffy and cluck off too our left , him still in the bottom. I keep scratching and the drumming gets louder. There he is , she a tree or 2 in front of me . Hes on her right , shes a lefty so its perfect . It was like watching slow motion him standing there 15 yards away from her , she's bared down then the gun went off. I saw the pellets hit his neck . I was so proud of her. She turned around and was immediately crying hysterically. She couldn't believe it , hell i couldn't either . Then i started crying wasnt even sure why lol ! Phew , good times !

Attachments

• IMG_9476.jpg
    IMG_9476.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 5

CritterGitter

Congratulations all around… Nothing like sharing the woods with your spouse!
Its got ups and downs ! Blessed shes understanding about hunting and buying guns . Helps that she enjoys what i enjoy . Also makes it hard sometimes because hunting with my dad is more important but thankful she understands lol. But it always sucks feeling like someone's feelings get hurt regardless. She lost her dad a few years ago so im her only hunting companion she has. But i couldn't imagine being with someone that didn't understand turkey season lol

PalsPal

Great story!

The emotions that this type of hunting can elicit is unparalleled.

Most every one of us reading this understand exactly how you felt.

Latest posts