Why i made the switch

knightrider

I try my best to never shoot past 40 unless i just misjudge my yardage, for me its all about playing the game! Will lead kill em dead? Yes sir all day long, buts you just cant beat the pattern density if the tss. Longbeard #4 on left tss #9 in the middle and longbeard #5 on the right all shot at 40 yards with mossberg 930 with a carlson 660 choke. I can get a little better out of the lead with some other chokes i have but there is just no comparison. Disclaimer- not everyone shooting tss is after 60-90 yard sniper shots!!
B4352F89-11AD-4756-ACFF-6572FA6993BC.jpeg

Rakkin6

I try my best to never shoot past 40 unless i just misjudge my yardage, for me its all about playing the game! Will lead kill em dead? Yes sir all day long, buts you just cant beat the pattern density if the tss. Longbeard #4 on left tss #9 in the middle and longbeard #5 on the right all shot at 40 yards with mossberg 930 with a carlson 660 choke. I can get a little better out of the lead with some other chokes i have but there is just no comparison. Disclaimer- not everyone shooting tss is after 60-90 yard sniper shots!!View attachment 129550
My sentiments exactly

Union Co. Boy

Same boat. I admit though, I will take a smidge farther shot with this stuff. The haters can just hate. I don't get to hunt as much as I used to and a few more yards of confidence hasn't weighed on my conscience at all so far. My 6 year old son absolutely loves fried wild turkey. He's going to try to get his own this year, but old dad does everything he can to make sure he gets to eat some every season. Heck, my whole household loves it and celebrates every turkey I bring home.

Joe2Kool

I've heard good things about the effectiveness of TSS, but I hate switching loads because I end up with a bunch of old shells I'll never shoot. I think I have about 5-6 different loads with 5-6 shells of each!!

cm1021

I was one that said I wouldn't use it when tss first come out. This year I'm eating those words. It just makes sense. Im my mind I want every single advantage I can get. By throwing a lot more pellets, it gives me more buffer room if I was to yank a shot or a bird moves. Are the shells expensive, absolutely, but then again nothing is as cheap as it was 5 years ago!

Latest posts