Whose ready?

megalomaniac

Not me.

When water temps start to rise, the trout are going to the barrier islands for higher salinity to spawn and I can't reach them in my little skiff. Sucks the best inshore fishing coincides with deer season and turkey season.

hillbillyfab

Got just a little bank fishing in this past weekend. First time I've wet a line in 2023. I'm definitely ready.

Attachments

• 3A08CEB9-C84B-4C03-A743-23D2F81CE62B.jpeg
    3A08CEB9-C84B-4C03-A743-23D2F81CE62B.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 50

Pilchard

I took my son last weekend. Funny story…. He created a point system for a friendly competition. Bream= 1 point, Bass= 5 points, Crappie= 10 points.

He caught 13 bream as I just watched. He was bragging and smiling telling me how he was kicking my butt and that I'd better start fishing if I was going to have a chance to win. So, I picked up a rod and on my first cast caught a crappie for 10 points. Suddenly he was ready to be done fishing so we went home.

When we got home I asked why he wanted to leave so suddenly and he told me "if you made another cast you might have 20 points but we left so I won."

Sam Davis

I took my son last weekend. Funny story…. He created a point system for a friendly competition. Bream= 1 point, Bass= 5 points, Crappie= 10 points.

He caught 13 bream as I just watched. He was bragging and smiling telling me how he was kicking my butt and that I'd better start fishing if I was going to have a chance to win. So, I picked up a rod and on my first cast caught a crappie for 10 points. Suddenly he was ready to be done fishing so we went home.

When we got home I asked why he wanted to leave so suddenly and he told me "if you made another cast you might have 20 points but we left so I won."
Reminds me of a time my grandpa took me. He said you fish all you want & I will cast three times and catch one bigger than all yours put together.
Sure enough on his second cast he caught a 3 lb. large mouth. Day I will never forget.
Sounds like you had a great day 👍

Chiflyguy

I've been on the Clinch a couple times.
Fast, dirty and cold.
Waiting for the walleyes to show up.
Just exercising the elbow to get ready.😀

moondawg

I am definitely ready. Spent yesterday organizing my fishing gear and made a list of stuff to get/replenish. Got a small tackle sling type bag I plan to keep in the truck for those impromptu on the spur-of-the-moment times when I want to stop to fish somewhere along the way.

Today I will put new line on a few reels and/or attach flouro leaders to braided line.

moondawg

Smart man! 😅

Chippy

I am definitely ready. Spent yesterday organizing my fishing gear and made a list of stuff to get/replenish. Got a small tackle sling type bag I plan to keep in the truck for those impromptu on the spur-of-the-moment times when I want to stop to fish somewhere along the way.

Today I will put new line on a few reels and/or attach flouro leaders to braided line.
It's never bad to start getting prepared early!

agelessssone

So...I fished with my buddy, Runkle Ken , Ken Runkle.
He caught more fish than me so he claims he's the "winner".

Winner? WINNER?? He wins ONE category and THAT makes him the WINNER??

Who caught more species? ME!
Who caught the BIGGEST HYBRID? ME!
Who caught the BIGGEST and MOST
Largemouth bass? ME!
Who caught the SMALLEST fish? ME!
Who caught the most DRUM? ME!
Who caught the biggest DRUM? ME!
Who caught the least white bass? ME!
Who caught the LEAST fish on the trip? ME!
So I say HA! Ken Runkle, you won one stinkin category, I won EIGHT!

I WIN!!!

Here's a picture of THE LOSER.

Chiflyguy

I've been on the Clinch a couple times.
Fast, dirty and cold.
Waiting for the walleyes to show up.
Just exercising the elbow to get ready.

7mm08

Not me.

When water temps start to rise, the trout are going to the barrier islands for higher salinity to spawn and I can't reach them in my little skiff. Sucks the best inshore fishing coincides with deer season and turkey season.
You just need to get your priorities in line and lower those buck standards. Ha