whos going to ohio hunt

Buzzard Breath

I wasn't going to go up there again this year, but I think I've changed my mind. I'll probably head up sometime the first week of November and hunt 4-5 days. Then go back for the last weekend of shotgun season, then again for muzzleloader, and if need be, again for a long weekend in January. Most of it will be public land. I just want to hunt somewhere different and I'm getting tired of hunting the same old farms out of the same old stands. I need a change. That's probably why I haven't been up in a few years.

Backstraps, get in touch with me a little closer to the season. I'll probably be hunting in Perry County most the time.

Buzzard Breath

Just got off there website. They have moved the muzzleloader hunt to Jan 9-12 and archery season now runs from Sept 26-Feb 7, 2010, Juvenille hunt is Nov 21-22, Shotgun is Nov 29-I forget, and again Dec. 19-20.

Buzzard Breath

stik said:
not me - got plenty of deer here.
I can appreciate that. There's nothing wrong with the deer we have here. I just like to get out and travel, maybe hunt somewhere else. I also like to bowhunt deer during the rut that have not been pressured by gun hunters. But, that's just my preference.

stik

buzz mcmanus said:
stik said:
not me - got plenty of deer here.
I can appreciate that. There's nothing wrong with the deer we have here. I just like to get out and travel, maybe hunt somewhere else. I also like to bowhunt deer during the rut that have not been pressured by gun hunters. But, that's just my preference.

and i can respect that. it's just that if i ever travel to hunt, it will be for something i can't hunt at home.

cecil30-30

What part of Ohio you going to hunt? I was born in OH,raised there and moved here when I was like 8..Never got to deer hunt it,but we squirrel and rabbit hunted some public land.I think it was Salt Fork?? Not 100%..

Buzzard Breath

cecil30-30 said:
What part of Ohio you going to hunt? I was born in OH,raised there and moved here when I was like 8..Never got to deer hunt it,but we squirrel and rabbit hunted some public land.I think it was Salt Fork?? Not 100%..
What part of Ohio you from? I was born in Lancaster.

cecil30-30

I was born in Cleveland. My dad used to take me out to the country to a friends house everyweek end.Out to Revenna and Mantuea! I think I spelled it right.Alot of deer was out that way,I used to dream of hunting them,and then we moved before i got big enough to hunt them.But we did used to squrril and Rabbit hunt Salt Fork alot.

NECK SHOT 2

I hope to get back up there again this year. Last year I got a 140 class 10 pointer , odds are much better there than where i hunt here in east tn. Not saying they r not here , but just not as common. I like hunting different places and having a chance at a good buck. when you here something coming through the woods thats known for big bucks shuuuu exciting .

Joe Stephenson

I used to live up there, and for those that say that there are plenty of deer here, well that is true, but the chances for an absolute monster there are a lot better. There is some good public huntin, but there is a lot of pressure. I used to hunt at the Wolf Creek Wildlife Area near the game warden station. Killed deer there every year. Good luck guys!

Latest posts