who remebers missing shirt tails

DRSJ35

wondering who remembers when a missed shot equaled your shirt tail being cut off lol.And you had to walk around camp for everybody to see.That was many years ago.And i don't have a Hunt camp type situation much anymore.But as a kid i couldn't wait to camp and hunt.I was about 13 at the time i started hunting.It was with my uncle and his friends.They'd already been hunting for many year's.Imagine your first hunt and your uncle showing you how to load a muzzleloader and saying you go that way and i'll go this way.we'll meet back at the truck for lunch noon sharp.Anything could have happened but i was safe.And took a life long love of hunting from there on out.Sorry for the long wind.It was just on my mind.

Lost Lake

I remember riding around on some WMAs to and from some hunts as a youngster, and seeing the occasional shirt tail hanging from a tree branch on the sides of the parking areas.

I was always told someone had missed a deer and that was the result.

DoubleRidge

Only seen it done once.....on a Wyoming mule deer hunt many years ago.....we were all good friends but the man who missed that day was a good size fella....and he had no interest in participating in the "missing shirt tail" tradition.... it took two men to hold him and a third man to pull his shirt tail and cut it off....worst part was they hung the shirt tail on a big mounted mulie that hung in the house we were staying in....so each evening we came in he had to see his shirt tail hanging there......fun memories.

DRSJ35

Good times indeed man. I think most of us which I'm guessing here. We don't have that camp/hunt situation anymore. You know with our good friends and or family. I'm telling you I enjoyed the camp just as much as the hunt. Everybody laughing and telling jokes and playing pranks on one another. Nothing wrong with leaving the house to hunt just not the same experience in my book. Glad I could be a part of it and at least have the memories. Maybe some day it could happen again.

JCDEERMAN

I remember those days and we all participated in it. Now days, I imagine people wearing Sitka and other fancy camo would be livid about the idea. Back then, a shirt was a couple bucks