Food Plots White Cloud Clover

rifle02

Does anyone have any experience with White Cloud Clover? Have not had much luck with clover in general in my smaller plot. I was buying buckwheat to plant like I normally do in the spring and thought I would experiment with another clover. Hoping to get it in the ground before the weather really begins to warm up more. According to the seller White Cloud is like a crimson clover but white!

rifle02

I know nothing about the named variety but if it's like crimson it's a cool season clover that should be planted October thru feb. with warm weather setting in it may not do well. I would advise against any clovers from now to late august
I suspected that so I only bought a small amount as an experiment.

megalomaniac

Looks like a gimmick. From what I've gathered, it's just an aberrant color variety of crimson, so if crimson didn't do well in your current plot, this one won't either. If it's cheaper than crimson per pound, I'd use it. If it's more expensive, it's a waste of $$$ over the cost of generic crimson.

As everyone else has said, it's way too late to plant now and have produce seed before the summer kills it.

Latest posts