White bass on Chatham dam fishing

double browtine

I live about 15 minutes away from the boat ramp now. I grew up fishing lake Barkley and Kentucky lake. Can anyone give me any pointer on the best time to fish below the dam?
I have tried night fishing, but not much luck. Only some small catfish. When is the best time to fish for catfish? White bass? Crappie? Bream? I have a big aluminium deck boat, so I can fish above or below the dam.

Hollar Hunter

double browtine":2z4u9pzz said:
I live about 15 minutes away from the boat ramp now. I grew up fishing lake Barkley and Kentucky lake. Can anyone give me any pointer on the best time to fish below the dam?
I have tried night fishing, but not much luck. Only some small catfish. When is the best time to fish for catfish? White bass? Crappie? Bream? I have a big aluminium deck boat, so I can fish above or below the dam.

I always started fishing below once foliage greened up. The channel cats were always on fire. You can catch cats steady all spring/summer below. The Striper fishing at daybreak in July/August when the dams cranking can be a blast. That being said the fishing seemed to drop off for a few years down there and I haven't been back in 3-4 years but before that I probably fished below the dam 20+ times a year.

double browtine

Hollar Hunter":yf39c45g said:
double browtine":yf39c45g said:

I always started fishing below once foliage greened up. The channel cats were always on fire. You can catch cats steady all spring/summer below. The Striper fishing at daybreak in July/August when the dams cranking can be a blast. That being said the fishing seemed to drop off for a few years down there and I haven't been back in 3-4 years but before that I probably fished below the dam 20+ times a year.

Thanks for your advice. During the next cold snap, I'm going to head to the Cumberland city steam plant and try to stock up the freezer with some skip jack. It has worked the best for me to catch blues and channel cats.

MickThompson

I used to wear out the whites below the dam in February during generation. Beat the banks with a crankbait and hang on. Slow down once you find the schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts