Which one

southernhunter

I sold my compound and plan to strictly hunt with my long bow this year but I'd like to pick up a good crossbow for rainy days in the shooting house and in case I can get my father ( age 72 ) out to hunt. So what should I be looking for ? Would like to stay under $500

soshock1

There are lots of choices for under your budget. Most will say the same thing. You just have to find one you like. I'd go to Bass Pro or wherever and shoot several to get a feel for them. You can also check the classifieds here as people often buy them and never use them and then sell them on here.

Edit: there is a Parker Cyclone for sale right now on page one of the classifieds. Good bow.

Forvols

Looks like the Parker has sold, and it was a great deal. I have an Excalibur 355 matrix simple no cables or cams. I second the recommendation of go to basspro and try some out. Take your dad also let him chocolate chip cookie shoot etc. I have heard really good things about the Excalibur Grizzly I would also recommend an Excalibur 310 or 330 matrix. Excal warrants the bow for life not just the original owner, so you could also buy a used one with confidence(they usually don't have any issues very reliable).

Also you looking to order check out wyvern creations here is a excal grizzly package for little over 500.00 (549--no tax and free shipping). They sell all makes and models of xbows also. Good place to browse or order from.
http://www.wyverncreations.com/index.ph ... cts_id=348

allchokedup

I'll 2nd that on Wyvern Creations. Call and talk with David. He will give you the best advise and deal on a crossbow.
I'm a Tenpoint fan and the Wicked Ridge line by Tenpoint, is a good solid crossbow in that price range.

Latest posts