• Help Support TNDeer:

Which one

Wildcat

I'm looking for a new 22 auto pistol and so far it's between the Ruger 22/45 Lite or the Browning Buck Mark.

Does anybody have one and if so which one is the better one right out of the box? I really don't want to fool with upgrading any of them or add after market triggers or anything like that. Just a good target shooter out of the box.

If any of you have any other buns you think would be better please let me know.

Buck Mark fits my hand better. Easier to clean. At least as accurate as my Ruger Mark II. I don't have the Ruger 22/45 but my Mark II never gets any range time due to the Buck Mark.

Heres what I was told. There is a reason there is so much aftermarket stuff for the Ruger and very little for the Buckmark. The Buckmark does not need any improvements. I have had both and currently have a slabside nickel Buckmark. I love them both but the Buckmark is the better gun and about half the price for comparable guns.

My Dads Buckmark shoots extremely well. The only Rugers I have shot shot well too, but the Buckmark is a little more accurate IMO.

I have a 22/45 and reaaly love it till it comes time to break it down to clean it. Lets put it this way I let it realy get dirty befor I clean it.

Wildcat said:
I'm looking for a new 22 auto pistol and so far it's between the Ruger 22/45 Lite or the Browning Buck Mark.

Does anybody have one and if so which one is the better one right out of the box? I really don't want to fool with upgrading any of them or add after market triggers or anything like that. Just a good target shooter out of the box.

If any of you have any other buns you think would be better please let me know.

Im glad you are posting this because I am looking at the same dillema

Had both and traded both on a rifle and a shotgun. The Ruger was a first gen, so I am not sure how it compares to the 22/45. If I were to get one today, it would be the Buckmark, more asthetically pleasing.

I bought a Ruger Mk III a couple of years ago and love it. I can shoot it better by far than any handgun I own.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the comparison to the Buckmark though as I've never shot one. Being made by Browning though, I'm sure it is well made.

Latest posts

Back