Which call???

JimFromTN

Wanting to get into coyote hunting and was thinking about buying an electronic caller. Which one is better? Johnny Stewart Gallows Electronic Predator Game Caller or Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Calling System?

rtaylor

Can't speak on the Johnny Stewart but I have been using an Alpha Dogg for 4 or 5 years and it has been great. Easy to use and the sounds are good also.

CATCHDAWG

I have zero experience with the Primos ecallers but I've been through several different Johny Stewart's. I'll never buy another one. Cabelas had Fox Pros on sale the other day for cheap, you might want to look and see if they still are.

Wildcat

I have the Primos Alpha Dogg and also the FoxPro Shockwave.

The Primos Alpha Dogg is a good call but you need to use good batteries. The best I've found are the Eneloop Pro rechargeables. They hold up well in the cold Feb nights here in KY and all season long. I have enough for 3 full sets that way I always have a set ready to go. So far I have not had any problems with it. People have reported of sound being a little off but most of that is the batteries. I use the Shockwave most of the time now but still use the Primos Alpha Dogg because it has different sounds not made by FoxPro and with most people having a FoxPro this gives me something that is different that I can use to bring them in when my FoxPro is not getting the job done. I think that's because every Tom, Richard, Harry and their brothers are all playing the same FoxPro sounds.

D84

I have a phantom predator pro series I would take $100 or trade to something. I just got the FoxPro wildfire two just because it was on sale. It is posted in classifieds

JimFromTN

Too late. I already ordered an Alpha Dogg for $160. Sportmens has the Johnny Stewart on sale for $199 plus 15% off and free shipping which would have been the same price as the Alpha Dogg after everything was said and done.

Sportsmans Guide has a coupon code SH1732 which gives you 15% off plus free shipping on anything over $49. They had an Alpha Dogg but it was $250 and they were out of stock.

Wildcat

You will like it. I've use the Randy Anderson sequences and pulled in dozens of coyotes as well as bobcats and foxes over the years.

Just make sure you use really good batteries and you should be fine.

You can go in where other people have been using FoxPro for a few days and you will have something totally different than what the coyotes are used to and sometimes that's enough to bring them in. i said "sometimes".

Lone Hunter

JimFromTN":38ak7iu5 said:
Too late. I already ordered an Alpha Dogg for $160. Sportmens has the Johnny Stewart on sale for $199 plus 15% off and free shipping which would have been the same price as the Alpha Dogg after everything was said and done.

Sportsmans Guide has a coupon code SH1732 which gives you 15% off plus free shipping on anything over $49. They had an Alpha Dogg but it was $250 and they were out of stock.
If you don't like it you can always sell it and buy a Foxpro. I use Foxpro callers and really like them. Used Johnny Stewart in the past and like Foxpro a lot better. You can upgrade Foxpro also. Never had any experience with the other callers but have heard a lot of good about the Alpha Dog. Try to elevate your caller in the brush if it is not an open field. You'll get farther reception with the remote. Good Luck Hunting.

Latest posts