When To Restart Plot?

protec28

My spring plot has survived believe it or not and its starting to get milkweed and other crap grasses and I don't really know when I should mow it down and turn it up and get ready to start over. I'm going to clear out a little more and make it as big as possible.
I'm going to try to kill some yotes next saturday so I going to already be down there and I was thinking since I was already going to be down there I could go ahead and clear it out but I don't know if I should

BSK

I wouldn't bother reworking it until you are going to plant in late summer or early fall. Many species of broadleaf weed are highly preferred and nutritious deer foods.

156p&y

I've been working on plots for 3 weeks now. It's all new ground that has never been broke up and let me tell you it's been a pain. They are getting close for the coming planting dates but I still got alot of work to do. We've picked up about 20 mule loads of rock in the last week. I sure hope we get rain in the coming months, we've only had .02 of an inch in the last 75 days here.

protec28

Well i was going to mow it today but when I got there is looked like someone beat me to it. It went from being at the top of my boots on the 4th to almost to the dirt today.
I was shocked to see that they went from nibblin here and there to eating everything in such a short period of time

Boone 58

I have put out around 12 ton of lime so far but finally just quit due to the heat and difficulty of getting to some of the fields. We have close to 30 and quiet frankly it is really difficult to get to all of them. I mowed 5 fields today and i am bushed from getting beat on the wheeler. Takes more out of me than i thought it would.

Latest posts